Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Commuters heads up

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks - problem is the office is in Canary Wharf, so would make the trip about 30 mins longer.............

same with london bridge mate , was costing me £27 from HH a couple of months ago

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Thanks - problem is the office is in Canary Wharf, so would make the trip about 30 mins longer.............

I watched a football match with Canary Wharf in the background on Sat, went to see Horsham YMCA play Fisher, at Rotherhithe in the first prelimanary round of the FA Cup. It was quite a pleasant area actually with friendly locals. Somewhat surprising as Bermondsey and Millwall-land is just up the road.

Back on topic though, it was a nightmare trying to get home, there was a train replacement bus service back to London Bridge, so decided to cut across across country via Norwood Junction and East Croydon, but waited nearly an hour at East Croydon as two trains back to Horsham were cancelled, and the one we eventually caught was running very late.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was in Paris the other weekend and for around thirty euros I got a ticket which allowed travel for three days on any train, bus, metro and tram in the city.

This morning I've just looked up the price of a ticket to get me back from London Bridge to Brighton before 9am and they're asking £25. For a single journey.

Our railways are beyond a joke.

odd comparison. a Travelcard around London is about the same as that. how much is a commuter ticket from say Le Harve or Deippe to Paris?

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I got them from a house in London 8 years ago, made it home with them on the trailer without breaking a single pane of glass . . . . I now have another set in the lock up to use in a planned potting shed/summer house . . . they're great. and only £50!

I'll take those lovely crittal doors off your hands, if you ever replace them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
odd comparison. a Travelcard around London is about the same as that.

I wish.

Three day all-zone Travelcard in London is £68.70 - about twice the cost of the Paris one (although the city is a lot larger, of course - although the Paris one is actually valid for five days.

If you wanted five days of unlimited travel in the Île-de-France region, that's 65.80 euros - half of the price of a London equivalent, for a larger area.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
price costs of tickets should be offset against claims. Current climate can be up to £100 a month if you hold a season ticket.

Foolish if don't do it as amount that are cancelled and delayed now , its a bit back in the pocket.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
price costs of tickets should be offset against claims. Current climate can be up to £100 a month if you hold a season ticket.

Foolish if don't do it as amount that are cancelled and delayed now , its a bit back in the pocket.

delay repay should just do a deal with the Bystander so you just get a fry up voucher instead of gawping at the boards for an hour - would save a lot of messing about.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
delay repay should just do a deal with the Bystander so you just get a fry up voucher instead of gawping at the boards for an hour - would save a lot of messing about.

They don't have enough tables :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's only an extra £150 in round numbers on the annual Brighton to Victoria, well worth it for all the improvements that have been implemented in the last few years
what improvements?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here