Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If you had £100k

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'd buy a whole division worth of Gary Harts and push for the Europa league by year 3 would be the aim. Ground share with the Amex whilst that happened

Would consider a canal barge with the change, somewhere to live and can just float about doing part time work and playing crazy golf with the odd trip up to Great Yarmouth to get away from it all and play some ten pin bowling/go banger racing and live the dream

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm fortunate that investments made over the years have now allowed me to retire at 47 and spend my time travelling round the UK and Europe to football and concerts, 2 of my main passions in life. Lucky to have no mortgage anymore and no dependants so am free to live a little. Worked for 30 years solid and now enjoying and doing what I want for a change. To me, travelling and seeing new places is the best thing about having some financial freedom.

Not jealous at all. Oh no.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It's something I've been thinking of for a while. Semi-retire at a fairly young age, Mexico or Central America. Low cost of living. Beautiful countries, good business, plenty of football.

The problem with living in Mexico or anywhere in Central America is the crime. They have among the highest murder rates anywhere in the world. Drug gangs everywhere, make East and south London look like a kindergarten.

You would be better if buying a one bed flat in a cheap part of Spain near the sea, in somewhere like costa Blanca . At least Spain is a fairly stable country with not horrendous crime .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
IF all I had was 100k and somehow no family etc, I'd buy a small campervan and travel Europe prospecting for Gold and living off the income it generates.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just curious like,
If you had £100k in your pocket, but nothing else, no home or dependents etc, what would the wise people on nsc do?

(Aside from singing a decent young left back from non league football)

Well, if I had no home, I would first of all find somewhere to live.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But on a serious note, I would spend it on “experiences”. I’m not overly materialistic but value and enjoy doing stuff, like my gigs, running and travelling. I want to do the trans-Siberian one day, taking about 3 months and stopping off, and I also want to take two sabbaticals and live in New York and Tokyo before I die. This and run the Tokyo marathon, and go to SXSW and Burning Man festivals. Will I have any change from 100k?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
3 years ago I was in a similar position to you had 40k cash but not enough to get a decent house in the area that I wanted, I used that cash to start a business and 3 years later the business is making money and we are looking at longer term plans to get a better work/ life balance.

For example both my wife and I are now working a 4 day week and last summer we took the kids away for 4 weeks during the summer which would never been possible all the time I was working for someone else. It was a step in to the unknown but definitely the best use of the cash that I could have made.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
2 beach huts. One to use, one to rent out.
Mind you, at Sussex prices, make that one beach hut. ��

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm fortunate that investments made over the years have now allowed me to retire at 47 and spend my time travelling round the UK and Europe to football and concerts, 2 of my main passions in life. Lucky to have no mortgage anymore and no dependants so am free to live a little. Worked for 30 years solid and now enjoying and doing what I want for a change. To me, travelling and seeing new places is the best thing about having some financial freedom.

Beat you. 37 years old when I stopped working in 1997. Didn't do too much work before that either......

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

I would imagine that you would need a fair bit more than 100k to achieve this though? OP would need to use his 100k for something productive to be able to get in to this position.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I would give a good chunk of it to some of the unsung heroes of our success, those who did most of the heavy lifting in our push to the Premier League and subsequent survival, fellows without whom none of this would have been possible, the Official Match Thread starters.

donate.png

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I'd wonder what on earth I'd done with the other 100K. I'd probably spend another 43 years watching the Albion and weeing it up the wall.:ohmy:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here