Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Aussie Cheats!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Really? Couldn't be further from the truth, I love living here. However that doesn't preclude me from seeing some negatives and expressing my opinion about them. If it makes you feel any better my comment was not just about Australia, I believe many countries put sport above more pertinent social issues.

To be fair to me, I think I post more positive stuff than negative.

And what do your negatives have to do with a sporting issue?

Trying to link the two together when they are not in anyway relevant suggests other motives.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The most amusing thing is cricket since its inception was a sport of cheats. Almost on par with Association Football. Yet people seem surprised by it :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And what do your negatives have to do with a sporting issue?

Trying to link the two together when they are not in anyway relevant suggests other motives.

I was agreeing with Clive Walker's post about the reaction being over the top. My post was pretty straight forward, despite whatever these motives are that you are trying to attach to it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I was agreeing with Clive Walker's post about the reaction being over the top. My post was pretty straight forward, despite whatever these motives are that you are trying to attach to it.

So rather than just saying "I agree" you decide to throw in a bunch of nonsense not related to the sport. OK.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Be nice to see politicians held accountable in the same way as Steve Smith has been.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I'm with you, I think there was a culture of pushing the envelope,as it were, and probably all of the squad have cheated or been party to it or tacitly accepted it. I remember that Gilchrist took some flak from his teammates when he "walked" . This current lot are much less likely to walk.

My all time favourite player is Adam Gilchrist. The current bunch could learn a lot from him

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
4th test just started SA bat first, hope the spend a long day at the crease

biddles911

May 12, 2014
My all time favourite player is Adam Gilchrist. The current bunch could learn a lot from him

What really sticks in my throat and this applies to many areas of sport and life generally is the endless soul searching and grovelling apologies.

It’s amazing (?) how rarely people admit voluntarily to ball tampering, diving, drug taking etc.....!

You’re only sorry you did it because you were found out so stop whining!

I blame America! It’s a national pastime there to beg publicly for redemption for everything ranging from alcoholism to murder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting article here about the connection between Waugh's captaincy and current events........

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22961057/sanctimony-steve-waugh

Just looked at that, makes for interesting reading, I followed the link to the abuse the young Graeme Smith received from the Aussies, I know things were said but didn't expect Mcgrath to be one of the main gobshites. I think the article is pretty accurate, there is a long line of infractions, rulebending and abuse from quite some way back but I can't see the Aussies changing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hazelwood and Lyon....todays bowling 39 overs 1/155 ....shame eh

Through all of this it intrigues me that no-one has thought to mention that after a ball has been roughened by sandpaper the one person who knows about it for sure is the bowler. The instant it lands in their hand from Bancroft or whoever they know by touch it has just been doctored.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Through all of this it intrigues me that no-one has thought to mention that after a ball has been roughened by sandpaper the one person who knows about it for sure is the bowler. The instant it lands in their hand from Bancroft or whoever they know by touch it has just been doctored.

Been mentioned multiple times. There is simply no way the bowlers weren’t in on this. You get a bollocking in village cricket from the bowlers if you dick about with the ball.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just looked at that, makes for interesting reading, I followed the link to the abuse the young Graeme Smith received from the Aussies, I know things were said but didn't expect Mcgrath to be one of the main gobshites. I think the article is pretty accurate, there is a long line of infractions, rulebending and abuse from quite some way back but I can't see the Aussies changing.
They are a classless society ? Or a society with no class. In cricketing terms it’s the latter I’m afraid. I cannot remember an Aussie captain for yonks who I would consider likeable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here