Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

♫Glastonbury 2017♫

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When I was watching the Foo Fighters last night, when Dave Grohl was doing his comedy routine with the crowd, is it me or did he have a bit of the Billy Connolly 'esque' about him?

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Well just watched Biffy Clyro , oh what a performance.........royal blood might as well pack up , **** off and get jobs in waitrose !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see the Foo Fighters are playing at Lollapalooza in July.
Is that gig normally any good?

This festival in its 3 year and now in it's 3rd venue. The first year was on a city centre disused air field and the day I went the line up was strong (Everything Everything, Two Bears, Hot Chip, FFS and Fatboy) but the venue sucked. They moved to Treptow Park for year two which was a brilliant park venue with trees and shaded secluded areas, stages, bars and stuff and James Blake followed by Radiohead was superb. The venue had a slight Glastonbury vibe and it was fun. This year they've moved it to an out of town horse racing course and bar a handful of bands the line up looks weak imho. I'm mulling over going as I really want to see The XX but there's little else which tickles my fancy.

All things considered I personally don't think it's that great BUT the kids do seem to like it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Chic. Even better than when they last played Glastonbury, funky disco is right up my street, brilliant set, can't help but move and smile.
George McCrea was in town recently, I hoped he was there to play, but sadly not.
If he was still alive I wonder if Luther Vandross would have played Glastonbury, excellent live.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just watched them, great atmosphere generated. Surprised they weren't on the main stage, would have thought they could've headlined.

Indeed they could, but it was one of those little secret sets that Glasto throws up each year.

I saw them at Wembley Stadium a few years back which meant so much to them they performed a song that they'd written just for the occasion. It was a nice touch full of great observations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3L7VRQALM

After they finished at Wembley, they dashed into town and played a small follow-up gig in front of only a few hundred people.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again at Hyde Park in a few weeks time. I'll watch the Glasto set on catch-up to warm up for it!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Indeed they could, but it was one of those little secret sets that Glasto throws up each year.

I saw them at Wembley Stadium a few years back which meant so much to them they performed a song that they'd written just for the occasion. It was a nice touch full of great observations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM3L7VRQALM

After they finished at Wembley, they dashed into town and played a small follow-up gig in front of only a few hundred people.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again at Hyde Park in a few weeks time. I'll watch the Glasto set on catch-up to warm up for it!

Saw them in 2004, at the Shepherds Bush Empire, a small intimate gig, but boy it didn't seem like it.
Pardon the pun, they killed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here