Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone back yet? What went wrong?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dreadful conditions. Neither side showing anything in the final third. The game could've gone on all night and noone would've scored. Just one of those days.

It always is when we play Wednesday. We haven't won against them for 7 years.

string_bean

Dec 15, 2014
at least hull conceded four tonight and the arse stayed tight and didn't let anything in, that will take their goal difference down a bit, we're still in this title race!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wednesday were extremely confident at the back, with nice defensive one touch passes. Thay had a little go at us from time to time, but basically ;parked the bus, and were timewasting from early first half (the keeper especially).

The ref and linos were dire. Random decision generators.

Wee DID look quite confident tonight, and our game was mired mainly by the usual dithering in midfield (with no Kayal, I mean), and a stand out stinker from Stevens and later on, a Dunk classic (a backpass to the keeper, from near the half way line, went out for a corner, FFS - albeit other than that he looked assured)

What with all that and the weather, I'd take the point and move on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can I suggest that it might just be that he's carrying an injury and it needs to be rested. If he played and aggravated it and missed a number of subsequent games, would you be requiring an answer too?

And the answer to the inevitable 'why was he on the bench, then?' is that the bench is a ludicrous size these days, and he's probably good at firing up the others on the bench, maintaining morale etc. Plenty of useful room for him on the bench. And hopefully, now, he will start the next game :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was that the worst ref we have ever had at the amex. When was the back pass rule abolished. Why didn't we get a foul for any of the tackles from behind in the first half yet in the second every minor thing they got a free kick. And why did he give a Nazi salute every time he blew his whistle.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
It always is when we play Wednesday. We haven't won against them for 7 years.

We beat them 3 0 in 2012.not to worried about tonights result can t win them all still in with a very good shout for auto s if not playoff s it is still lots of points to play for see what happens next week

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I have a horrible feeling we will look back on this season as the one that got away. Massive unbeaten run for the first half, then dire for 5 weeks, then back on song (including a nice pair of 4-0's) but then unable to build any momentum. You have to win games like tonight if you want to go up.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Personally think that Preston basically killed the game, Wednesday looked to me to have a bit more nous and should have got more from the game than a draw.

That said, the amount of time their keeper wasted perhaps gives us the tip as a draw was acceptable to them.
Not from where I was watching. Neither side deserved the full quota tonight. A share of the spoils was the right result for me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ok, purely my view on it.
The night started with a flat pint of Harveys, and ended pretty flat.
Sheffield's defence looked solid, as did ours, Bannon was allowed a free run because Sidwell looked and played like a loan player on a good wage, at the end of a career at a club that he has no affection/allegiance or heart for. We lacked creativity, pace and guile tonight. A point was all we deserved imo.
The clubs in and around the play off positions did not fair well, but the pleasure of Boro losing is put into perspective when they have won one and lost one where as we have drawn two, which means they have picked up 3 points from two games and we have picked up 2 points. Boring Hull now have a couple of games in hand and Burnley have pulled away.
We must beat Burnley at home and Boro away and hope they slip up as well against other sides. Still all to play for but we must turn draws into wins.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We blew it tonight.

Dire.

No chance of automatic promotion now.

I have no faith that we'll do anything in the playoffs.

Season over. Championship next year.

No, Middlesbrough have a game more to play. We cannot make up the points on Burnley, and Hull and Middlesbrough have more games than us to play.

We have run out of road to catch top 2 :nono:

I didn't realise that a 2 point gap to 2nd place in the table meant that it was mathematically impossible to make up that difference especially when there are still 10 games to go and 30 points up for grabs

Games in hand don't guarantee points, and their having more points than we do now also doesn't mean that we can't catch them up. Anything can happen and nothing has been decided

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Wasn't at the game. So if they were doubling up on our wingers every time, were our full backs not overlapping ? Who was doubling up ? That should have created space for others, did we not that ? Or was it just a shite day at the office? Seems a world away from the Leeds thumping

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here