Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars 7 - don't feck it up, Disney..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think this thread contains the first example I can remember of any one listing Phantom Menace as the best of the three newer ones. I don't violently dislike episodes I-III, but I only ever tend to watch them when I have an urge to watch all six in a binge watch session.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Phantom Menace is the best out of the I-III trilogy no doubt, simply because it had one good scene (lightsaber battle). The other two had none.

I liked the podrace scene as well. I'd just bought a new 5.1 surround sound system when I first bought Ep 1 on DVD, and cranking that up sounded absolutely IMMENSE.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I liked the podrace scene as well. I'd just bought a new 5.1 surround sound system when I first bought Ep 1 on DVD, and cranking that up sounded absolutely IMMENSE.

It's almost as if it was included to be good in a spin off game...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's almost as if it was included to be good in a spin off game...

Well, almost any major action scene could be justified as just being included as a catalyst for a spin-off game. I guess it was either that, or a special extended scene in the Senate with Amidala further debating the Trade Federations illegal blockade of shipping routes to Nab.....

.....zzzzzz

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Or just bin it all and start again?

You have to wonder if, given the crapness of I II & II, the new ones are a scucess they will go for a reboot of I II & III. This could be a popular decision all round.

Am sure this has been posted on NSC before, but if you have an hour or so spare and want to get into the nitty gritty of why Phantom Menace is naff, this review'll do the trick!

[YT]FxKtZmQgxrI[/YT]

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Well, they had to showe that Vader helped hunt down and kill the Jedi as Obi Wan says in episode 4. I'm sure most of us imagined him roaming the Universe, using the force to uncover hiding Jedi and then fighting and killing them one by one. Not marching into the Jedi temple, whilst all the adults were out, and killing all the kids. :(

Yeah I was expecting a lot more actual Vaderage from the prequels. It would have been far better to have Anakin become Vader half way through or at the end of the 2nd movie and have a whole movie dedicated to "hunting down and killing the Jedi" with loads of epic duels showing just how HARD Vader actually was. Instead we got 2 and a half movies worth of cheesy shite before suddenly seeing Anakin going from remorse over his part in the death of Mace Windu, to slaughtering children within the space of 5 ****ing minutes of screen time.

****ing ridiculous.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah I was expecting a lot more actual Vaderage from the prequels. It would have been far better to have Anakin become Vader half way through or at the end of the 2nd movie and have a whole movie dedicated to "hunting down and killing the Jedi" with loads of epic duels showing just how HARD Vader actually was. Instead we got 2 and a half movies worth of cheesy shite before suddenly seeing Anakin going from remorse over his part in the death of Mace Windu, to slaughtering children within the space of 5 ****ing minutes of screen time.

****ing ridiculous.

Yep - awful, unbelievable character development.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Is their something odd about a thread of comments by I assume adults about what are really kids films.

Firstly, I'll never understand why people feel the need to make comments like this. On anything. Overcompensating for an inferiority complex? Insecure about the world? Can't understand how opinions work?

Secondly, hints of incest, limbs being lopped off and planets being blown up aren't necessarily standard fare for films aimed solely at kids.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Firstly, I'll never understand why people feel the need to make comments like this. On anything. Overcompensating for an inferiority complex? Insecure about the world? Can't understand how opinions work?

Secondly, hints of incest, limbs being lopped off and planets being blown up aren't necessarily standard fare for films aimed solely at kids.

Little bit defencive.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I would guess that many of us were kids when the first films all came out so of course we are excited! Besides, this may be the only time that I can get my autistic son to go to the cinema, so if he manages to go it will be well worth it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the final trailer looks absolutely bloody magnificent. Bring it on !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here