Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] LoyaltyPointGate - discussion with the club

Jan 30, 2008
Whatever.

Any system that DIDN'T guarantee tickets, to people who have attended every game, home and away, following all manner of shit Albion sides, under shit managers, at shit grounds, in every shit league, for twenty years, would be a pretty shit 'loyalty' system.
first come first served the way forward if you have a ST, that way these retired folk have no problem
regards
DR

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The club has to shoulder all of the blame for this shit storm.

They saw what happened for the Barnet game but chose to offer 10 points for a 10 pound ticket. Apart from the small-ish crowd who can be seen at every game, home and away, there are the next tier who go to loads of away games and saw an opportunity to help them get 'glamour' tickets. Not guarantee tickets but improve their chances.

I won't blame the club for doing what they did for the Barnet game. It is their job to shift tickets for those games and the loyalty point incentive added 3,000 extra paying punters to the detriment of no-one. But Bournemouth? I really think they should have known better.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Extra bonus points as well for remote fans who have seasons tickets and have to travel more to home games? (Cough, 6 hour return journey for me)

Lightweight, I'm moving to Newcastle next week. Spent north of £500 on train tickets for games already. #bad fan

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Maybe the only option, but it means a 9 hour round trip which seems a bit excessive with a ten year old. Stark reality is that he might become a Toffee and in some respects I wouldn't blame him.

Nobody in their right mind wants to be an Everton fan - even Everton fans don't.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I suspect you'll be able to get into Huddersfield away.

Me too, probably Burnley too (yukk) and possibly Newcastle.

Home games have become increasingly difficult to make due to Sky/BT. Need to get train tickets early due to cost !

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I won't blame the club for doing what they did for the Barnet game. It is their job to shift tickets for those games and the loyalty point incentive added 3,000 extra paying punters to the detriment of no-one. But Bournemouth? I really think they should have known better.

And as has been pointed out a few times, nobody stopped another person from attending the barnet game if they wanted to as it didnt sell out

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
How do you know - we've not had any yet.

I don't see why you won't get to enjoy Burnley, Newcastle, Huddersfield and Stoke oop your way.

I believe (hope) that will be the case. Perhaps even the glamour ties will become less in demand if we aren't winning the league by Xmas :)

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
And as has been pointed out a few times, nobody stopped another person from attending the barnet game if they wanted to as it didnt sell out

I think the point is that the club don't mind when people not turning up works in the favour so it seems like double standards to say this: 'Buying low-priced tickets simply to gain points is against the spirit of the system and, as bad, does nothing to support the team.' (From the club statement) which is both patronising and ignores other occasions.

Anyways Newcastle Sunday - yay! (Unless you don't have a ticket of course)???

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I don't buy this. If you bought a ticket for Barnet and didn't turn up and those 15 points were the difference between you having 255 points and 270 points then you would have been entitled to buy tickets for West Ham and Arsenal in the last few weeks as a direct result. And if you had gone ahead and bought those tickets you didn't really deserve, you would have stopped someone else going to Arsenal and West Ham. I would say that's arguably a greater moral crime than stopping someone seeing the reserves at Bournemouth!

"moral crime" get a grip ffs

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I think the point is that the club don't mind when people not turning up works in the favour so it seems like double standards to say this: 'Buying low-priced tickets simply to gain points is against the spirit of the system and, as bad, does nothing to support the team.' (From the club statement) which is both patronising and ignores other occasions.

Anyways Newcastle Sunday - yay! (Unless you don't have a ticket of course)???

Exactly this. The club have got titsy because of points harvesting, not because of people missing out. The were quite happy to trouser the £30k as long as no one complained. Now they have as a consequence of that laissez faire attitude, they're having to deal with this nonsense.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I don't buy this. If you bought a ticket for Barnet and didn't turn up and those 15 points were the difference between you having 255 points and 270 points then you would have been entitled to buy tickets for West Ham and Arsenal in the last few weeks as a direct result. And if you had gone ahead and bought those tickets you didn't really deserve, you would have stopped someone else going to Arsenal and West Ham. I would say that's arguably a greater moral crime than stopping someone seeing the reserves at Bournemouth!

That's a very fair point.

Jan 30, 2008
It's a toss up, I want to ask "what is that matter with you?" but can't see beyond the question "why are you such a massive nob ALL the time?"
if being a massive nob means saying things that some people don't like well I can live with that, free speech and all that .
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Amen. I don't understand why she gets a bit of a hard time on here. I've always thought if I had to name the Albion's number one fan I would have no hesitation in saying it's her. As you say, not only does she go to EVERY game herself, she's responsible for getting 50-100 people to every game too, many of whom wouldn't be able to without her. She must have effectively added tens of thousands to our away crowds over the last 25 years. There are a few noisy fans who love to get their faces/voices in the spotlight when opportunity arises, but she doesn't seem to want that. Instead, she actually makes a difference week in week out.
yep by complaining about fellow BHA fans and anything else she doesn't like seeing at games, to much influence IMHO, apart from that i'm sure she's a lovely lady .
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here