Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Visting the Goldstone Ground

What's your stance of visiting the Goldstone now?

• Not bothered - I shop there without any problems

Votes: 76 37.1%
  • Now we have Falmer I will visit the site

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Now we have Falmer I will at least drive past

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • I have never and will never shop there

Votes: 68 33.2%
  • I will never ever even go past The Goldstone - that's how much it hurts

Votes: 18 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
It did hurt a lot going past there at first but I have shopped at Toys R Us a couple of times and scored a cracking goal in the North Stand car park.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I always said I'd never shop there until we had a new stadium. But now we have I still don't want to.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Retail parks are horrible, soulless places at the best of times but when you approach it from the Brighton end of Old Shoreham Road it really does look hideous. The Goldstone was our home for 96 years and the way it was sold by those b******* should never be forgotten. Really can't understand any Albion fans ever wanting to shop there.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My Albion experience started at the Goldstone, so after the debacle involving the chuckle brothers (being polite here), I'm with the thought that I want to remember the ground in its heyday and not how it ended up.
As for the shopping centre, that's just a scar that will not heal to be honest IMO :albion2:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Retail parks are horrible, soulless places at the best of times but when you approach it from the Brighton end of Old Shoreham Road it really does look hideous. The Goldstone was our home for 96 years and the way it was sold by those b******* should never be forgotten. Really can't understand any Albion fans ever wanting to shop there.

exactly! :thumbsup:

THE FILTH AND THE FURRY:moo:

Attachments

• scan0027.jpg
    scan0027.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 63
  • scan0025.jpg
    scan0025.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 63
  • scan0023.jpg
    scan0023.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 64
  • scan0024.jpg
    scan0024.jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 65
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 64

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
In my mind's eye the Goldstone Ground is still as I remember it from hundreds of visits, and I'm in no rush to overwrite that memory.

EXACTLY!

That 'minds eye' has been damaged a bit by accidentally seeing the odd photo, but I can dismiss that as seeming so surreal as to not being true. To me, as you, I've never seen it any different, so it IS no different. In fact, Fred is probably still walking round the pitch selling the Argus.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
THE FILTH AND THE FURRY:moo:

I'd imagine there are many that have never seen those images. Despite the years that have passed, those photos have triggered a strong emotional reaction in me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here