Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alireza Jahanbakhsh 1.4million

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He is going to sign for a dutch side, Wherever the winger Watford just signed came from they want to spend the money on Jahanbakhsh.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Looks like this one's over. Can't work out how to show tweets but Michael Jongsma (who's a pretty reliable Dutch footy journo) tweeted this about half an hour ago:

"AZ have announced there is a verbal agreement with N.E.C. over the acquisition of Iranian international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh (21). "

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am quite surprised that the Albion have upped their offer for Ben Marshall to £3m but stalled at a much lower figure for Ali. I just hope this isn't going to be another Virgil Van Dijk-esque kick in the knackers. (I see Celtic are turning down large bids for him now - most recently, one of £8m from one of our coastal chums)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I am quite surprised that the Albion have upped their offer for Ben Marshall to £3m but stalled at a much lower figure for Ali. I just hope this isn't going to be another Virgil Van Dijk-esque kick in the knackers. (I see Celtic are turning down large bids for him now - most recently, one of £8m from one of our coastal chums)

The fee had been allegedly agreed he just didn't want to join us for reasons including he didn't fancy the rough and tumble of the Championship and maybe because we didn't offer good enough wages.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just hope this isn't going to be another Virgil Van Dijk-esque kick in the knackers. (I see Celtic are turning down large bids for him now - most recently, one of £8m from one of our coastal chums)

They never learn do they?

:nono:

#twats

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

My understanding was that the price we were willing to pay wasn't the problem (for once) but him and his agent felt he may be better suited to another team where he would get more of a chance to then shine and get a big money move elsewhere

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like this one's over. Can't work out how to show tweets but Michael Jongsma (who's a pretty reliable Dutch footy journo) tweeted this about half an hour ago:

"AZ have announced there is a verbal agreement with N.E.C. over the acquisition of Iranian international winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh (21). "
When clicked on each tweet has a long number, in the menu bar, copy that.
You write 'tweet' either side of [ ]
Paste in the long number
Then close with writing 'tweet' again either side of [/ ]

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Unfortunately due to political issue he is not allowed to sign for us if he wants to continue his international career...don't shoot the messenger but look at who his teammates would be and that should give you a clue as to why.
Very sad times that politics effect sport

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Unfortunately due to political issue he is not allowed to sign for us if he wants to continue his international career...don't shoot the messenger but look at who his teammates would be and that should give you a clue as to why.

Only when people like you think like this. It's got **** all to do with it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Sorry but that is just mischievous claptrap. If you want to reinvent racism there are other forums to do it on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't think it ever got off the ground to be honest. His agent was making so much noise about it, we were just being used as a bargaining tool.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't think it ever got off the ground to be honest. His agent was making so much noise about it, we were just being used as a bargaining tool.

I think you're probably right there. Chances are we moved on about a month ago!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Source ??

.....thought not.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
"Just spoke with agent of Ali Jakhanbash, Iranian winger #bhafc pursued. As per word on twitter, signing 5-yr deal with AZ, medical tomorrow"
Andy Naylor (@AndyNaylorArgus)
<a href="https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/628208227021377536">

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
"Just spoke with agent of Ali Jakhanbash, Iranian winger #bhafc pursued. As per word on twitter, signing 5-yr deal with AZ, medical tomorrow"
Andy Naylor (@AndyNaylorArgus)
<a href="https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/628208227021377536">

Thank **** for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here