Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar World Cup In Doubt?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yup, USA are certainly prepared for it, although there is the issue of Trump's travel ban to deal with.

Having worked for the Qataris the stadia construction projects are amazing, but there's little legacy benefit.

If FIFA are genuine about taking the WC to new frontiers, then Australia would be a logical choice, they bid for the and it would fit in with a summer tournament too weather-wise.

Yeah, I can't see international sporting tournaments going to the USA at the moment. If Qatar doesn't happen, I'm pretty sure that it won't be the US who benefits.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Classic. Quatar accused by Saudi...ha ha ha. Jesus Christ, what a wold we live in.

matey

Mar 16, 2014
Interesting situation seeing the US have the largest military base in Doha with 10,000+ personnel..

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's beginning to feel a lot like game over for Qatar now. Presumably FIFA will have to give the backhanders back?

It is a shame it wasn't the other way round with the Russian WC. It would have been very much more interesting had the WC been due next year.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
USA would be great.
Loads of great cities to visit, cheapish domestic flights, plenty of accommodation.

Shit beer, but can't have everything.

Would love it.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's beginning to feel a lot like game over for Qatar now. Presumably FIFA will have to give the backhanders back?

If it is taken away then Qatar will also be after FIFA for the $20 billion it has cost to build the stadia and infrastructure.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
If FIFA are genuine about taking the WC to new frontiers, then Australia would be a logical choice, they bid for the and it would fit in with a summer tournament too weather-wise.

Don't fancy the time differences much, although, with an understanding employer, I could possibly stretch to an 8:00 kickoff every now and then.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If it is taken away then Qatar will also be after FIFA for the $20 billion it has cost to build the stadia and infrastructure.
nelson-haha-ha-ha.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't see them moving it away from Qatar, but if they did you can bet they are not liable for these costs.

Suspect it would be a major battle between Qatar and FIFA as CAS, with the only winners being, only again, the lawyers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here