Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The difference between 2015/16 and 2016/17

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Last season:

3 REALLY good sides pushing for 2 spots.

This season:

2 REALLY good sides, and about 6-8 pretty decent ones who will all continue to take points off each other.
This exactly
Us and Newcastle are a big cut above the rest 7-8 decent sides who will beat each other you only need to look at our results against Fulham and Leeds to know how good we are as a team I just don't see us losing enough games to help the chasing pack out

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Perhaps a tad of naivety last season?
This season, well and truly hardened veterans at this promotion lark.
Not too many worries going in to second half of season.
Deciding factor will be beating Newcastle :albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
12. Last season taught us that only bad luck, injuries and dodgy refs can beat us. We've not had a lot of those three elements this season. Our confidence is supreme.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Way to many draws last season unlike this season....bodes well indeed :)

The difference is that we have converted two of those draws into wins and two into defeats.
Fine margins but if we continue as we are we are on for 100 points by season's end. We are certainly not likely to fall apart as we were about to do this time last year. Much better squad depth even if I'm not convinced our first eleven is that much better.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
2012 - 2016

c1.PNG c2.PNG 2014/2015 c3.PNG c4.PNG c5.PNG

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The experience of last season must count for something? Not only that they learned they were actually a very good side, but the motivation formed out of that crushing end to last season. That's got to make you want to make sure you don't go through the same again.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The experience of last season must count for something? Not only that they learned they were actually a very good side, but the motivation formed out of that crushing end to last season. That's got to make you want to make sure you don't go through the same again.

I really hope that there is something in this. We went through something similar way back when, with the stitch up finale of the 77/78 season: missing out on promotion on goal difference only to go on and finish the job the following year. The squad certainly seems to have been galvanised by last season's bitter end.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Togetherness was seen as a cliche until a local tragedy of national importance on our doorstep made such poo-pooing non pc (quite correctly) and so we all bought into it.

Having squad stability is key to harmony and consistency and even throughout the summer transfer shenanigans and more recently the tragic loss of Knockaert's father I have had complete faith that the structure and way of working personified by CH calm manner will see us through.

With the Stephens situation I was more concerned about how it would effect the rest of the group rather than the individual but they've welcomed him with open arms and he's now getting back to somewhere near his best.

With Knockaert I was seriously concerned about how having him misfiring would impact the team as we appeared to be highly reliant on him but the way the squad and club has circled wagons to help him is inspirational in a modern game where too often these situations are handled poorly.

Couple all of this with the noticeable desire injected from the likes of Murray and Duffy joining - both who have a point to prove - and we should maintain this all the way to the end.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Last season:

3 REALLY good sides pushing for 2 spots.

This season:

2 REALLY good sides, and about 6-8 pretty decent ones who will all continue to take points off each other.

IMHO there are 3 really good teams in this league. Newcastle, BHA and Derby. I just hope that Derby have given themselves too much to do in the second half of the season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
IMHO there are 3 really good teams in this league. Newcastle, BHA and Derby. I just hope that Derby have given themselves too much to do in the second half of the season.

I thought that Villa were the third good team after we played them. We'll see.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Our set pieces are much better this season compared to last seasons efforts as imo are our crosses into the box.

Then there's Duffy. An upgrade on Greer from last season not only defensively but also a massive threat for opposition at those set pieces.

Then there's Glen Murray who is far better at converting crosses by head than any forward from last season.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes but Burnley were above us 5 games later (after 26 games).

And this season, we already have more points after 21 games this season than we had after 26 last season.

true but we then we secured a hefty 45 points from the last 20 games. will we do that this year ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here