Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt sold £3.25million. (with Sunderland kit picture)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Really don't see the need for the constantly shifting thread title.

Stops five people starting "ssn/papers/twitter say deal done for bridcutt, £2.5/£3/£4m' then when asked why they started a new thread saying "that one was just an offer, this is the deal and people might not have noticed it in that one".

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Par for the course for perseus, I've never seen someone post so much but understand so little about football.

Who was it who categorically insisted the Albion would never get permission to build, or play a game at Falmer?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I am not so sure that the fee will be 'undisclosed' as is our normal way of doing things. I reckon TB will announce to the world how much Gus has had to pay us and it'll be a lot more than 2.5m.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Stops five people starting "ssn/papers/twitter say deal done for bridcutt, £2.5/£3/£4m' then when asked why they started a new thread saying "that one was just an offer, this is the deal and people might not have noticed it in that one".

Exactly this, definitely keeps things tidier

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
c£3m fee according to the local Sunderland press. Agree with the seeming consensus that

(a) Bridcutt had his head turned when Gus left having (if rumour is to be believed) been promised thst he would go to the premier league with him.
(b) his playing style is ideally suited to Gus and less so to Oscar who wants to move the ball more quickly

All things considered if we get £3m for someone who we have done reasonably well without this season it has to be a fantastic deal.

As to Stephens - I really don't see him as a direct replacement as he is much more assertive in style. Like Bridcutt be is "premier league ready" :lolol:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Irrespective of the fee, I'm gonna laugh my head off if we pass Sunderland on their way down.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Not in depth, but a mate in the office who is a Charlton fan says he'll be gutted to see him go. Make of that what you will :shrug:

I just find it amusing that some people write off players before they kick a ball for us. Bridcutt was the opposite of 'known' when he came here but it didn't work out too badly, did it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What's the advantage of keeping the fee undisclosed?

If we didn't get as much as we hoped it hides that disappointment, if we got a great deal it stops others teams raising their asking price because we got so much money on this deal, if we agree to undisclosed the buying club might be willing to spend a bit more knowing their fans shouldn't know they "overpaid".

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I like to imagine that we'd moved beyond this point when this thread has been going for so long that people might come here first but seeing some mong just try to start a thread I guess you're right :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Must agree, have we missed him this year, no, does he have current form and fitness, no, this is just business so lets all understand that and get the best we can. He's a young man very impressionable from the authority figures in his formative years, Gus Poyet, so let him go and find out about life in the prem under pressure. Don't get caught in possession Liam and see how much time you get on the ball. he's not played consistently and consecutively for over six months now so I reckon this could be a great piece of business. Presumably Poyet is the only person chasing him, which shows his true value.

I left a bit off my post. I do think we have missed him and if he was fit and on form we might have had a few more points, like three instead of one at Burnley. I don't think he is irreplaceable, but it will be difficult. Dale Stephens seems more like the Forster-Caskey/Crofts position, a more difficult position to play requiring a better player. I am nor sure what we are going to do about the free kicks which have not been good enough this season.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Hard to agree with any of that when you consider how Barnes played until the day he left, and he'd been approached in the summer.

Why not?

Barnes is benchwarming at Burnley, primarily because he 'didn't feel wanted' in his own words. This isn't the same dynamic at all, he needed another club and Oscar plainly wasn't sure, so losing playing motivation wasn't an option for him, he had to prove himself to both parties to keep his options open; rather like an underperforming salesperson/employee. Liam is performing at a higher level and is/was wanted by both parties, so I can totally understand where he is at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here