Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Wickham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry Meado. We all want the real Leo back. He'll find his form a lot quicker by working hard and SMILING occasionally, than he will PLODDING about and whining at the ref all game. Its like he thinks the world is against him, at the moment.

Couldn't agree more. He looks a bit sulky, probably because he is fed up with the lack of support to him, which was exacerbated when Barnes left.

I hope he comes back strong, but at the moment he is off-form.

In terms of this 'deal', a loan player and reduced transfer fee, is a joke as far as I'm concerned. Surely Bloom wont go for this, madness.......

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Back ON subject, is there anything from any sources down here confirming we are even interested? (IE, Like Naylor confirmed the Charlton bloke interest)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Few Forest fans I know here in Nottingham still think they're in for him.

Why tho'? They have enough good strikers! And they DON'T have Liam either...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What are the current rules about playing for a number of clubs during a year?

Last edited:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If there is any truth in the story in tomorrows daily mirror that Buckley is wanted by both Sunderland and Palace and that we are holding out for £4 million then this shifts the Wickham deal firmly into being a permanent transfer IMO.

£4M for Buckley and £5M for Bridcutt, only way Sunderland can look at that is wickham in a swap (possibly plus cash)

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If Wickham is in this deal, player plus £2m will be about right for the two if them I suspect.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
But more likely in February we will be singing:

Who's that man on loan from Tottenham?
Who's that man who's on the floor?
Jon Obike is his name
missing sitters every game
and no-one mentions play-offs any more...

With a slight bit of reworking this would have made a great Ashley Barnes song :)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Been told "done deal" (from a source not linked to either club) ???
Apologies. Got excited there!
Friend at another championship club says their MD mentioned in passing today that we were signing Wickham - he was joking about how pissed Mandaric would be :lolol:
How can you post that you've been told it's a 'done deal' after hearing something very wooly from a mate at another club? Poor.

The internet is full of people 'in the know'.

We will find out by Friday.
We'll probably spend the next week wondering if we can still get him in on loan.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dear Gus. Put up or shut up (the sooner the better).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Shut up? Haven't seen/heard anything this week re Bridcutt from him

The 'shut up' is, of course, linked to the 'put up', i.e. part of a phrase suggesting he should up his bid to our valuation, or do one. Forgive me for in any way suggesting he has a HUGE mouth (he has!).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The 'shut up' is, of course, linked to the 'put up', i.e. part of a phrase suggesting he should up his bid to our valuation, or do one. Forgive me for in any way suggesting he has a HUGE mouth (he has!).

But by not saying anything he has "shut up"?.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here