Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Mar 12, 2008
Stopped off at Cafe Velo on the Level today for a post ride coffee and macaroni cheese. Superb. Highly recommended for pre and post ride refreshments.

My Strava feed tells me [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] smashed out 50+ miles today, good to see everyone taking the Puncheur preparation seriously!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Stopped off at Cafe Velo on the Level today for a post ride coffee and macaroni cheese. Superb. Highly recommended for pre and post ride refreshments.

My Strava feed tells me [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] smashed out 50+ miles today, good to see everyone taking the Puncheur preparation seriously!

I'm not sure I smashed 50 out - it was more a feat of endurance. Well done on your ride - a bit further, and including the Beacon - were you solo?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Looks like I took, very narrowly, the final stage on both leagues. My local lad brought me some points.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Looks like I took, very narrowly, the final stage on both leagues. My local lad brought me some points.

So, you won first and last stages, and still came in sixth?

The shame.

And [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] won!? The world has truly been turned upside down.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
So, you won first and last stages, and still came in sixth?

The shame.

And [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] won!? The world has truly been turned upside down.

For some reason [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] is not in the south east league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cinematic release on Friday:-
hr_The_Armstrong_Lie_1.jpg

It's going to need some pretty good reviews to get me to watch.

Bold may well be with me in the South league.
South-East is full of 'lesser' Sussexites and god forbid Kentishers :spit:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whoops sorry I started a new thread I should have put the bike ride www.hhbikeride.co.uk on this thread.
I was just about to bring it over, as we were talking about 'family friendly' events the other day.
I couldn't make HH last year, so I couldn't quite remember the details, for the discussion we were having.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Championees Championees ohhhway ohhhway oohhhwoo!!!! Eat my rear wheel dust [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]!!!

I'd like to thank my team for a superb race, my management for their strategy input, my kids, my wife, this is a proud moment!!! :lolol:

MediGull

Nov 14, 2011
Brighton
I'm pretty happy with 3rd overall, just nipping in there on the last stage. :)

Although my purist team wasn't such a success, maybe I'll just stick to the classic league from now on....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Championees Championees ohhhway ohhhway oohhhwoo!!!! Eat my rear wheel dust [MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION]!!!

I'd like to thank my team for a superb race, my management for their strategy input, my kids, my wife, this is a proud moment!!! :lolol:

I do like a bit of humility in victory. :wink:

Well done Bold. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's a snickers not a sprint.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What tyres are the biz for a mountain bike, used for roads and paths in town and country? Need to be puncture resistant. Usual £10 types are not. Lots of punctures.

The price of this shortlisted one is a bit OTT: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...feed&utm_campaign=productfeed&_$ja=tsid:50727

Just need one back tyre.
It would seem you've found a pretty good benchmark.

I wonder what the quality drop off is, for the sake of £5-£10?
I'd imagine it's pretty substantial, and will cost more in the long run.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It would seem you've found a pretty good benchmark.

I wonder what the quality drop off is, for the sake of £5-£10?
I'd imagine it's pretty substantial, and will cost more in the long run.

If I can buy the tyre locally in Shoreham (4 bike shops). Although my bike is probably only worth £50, a good tyre is probably worth the candle to avoid the aggro with punctures.

In the old days (eighties, 20th century), the quality drop off wasn't up to much. Change now?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'm pretty happy with 3rd overall, just nipping in there on the last stage. :)

Although my purist team wasn't such a success, maybe I'll just stick to the classic league from now on....

Yes, well done on podiuming (!) I have also decided to stick to the classic league - more fun to be had, keeps me focussed...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If I can buy the tyre locally in Shoreham (4 bike shops). Although my bike is probably only worth £50, a good tyre is probably worth the candle to avoid the aggro with punctures.

In the old days (eighties, 20th century), the quality drop off wasn't up to much. Change now?
I really wouldn't know.

I certainly wouldn't balk at £25 - £30 for what would appear to be a high quality tyre.

Chain Reaction are a very well respected t'internet retailer.

I see that one has 3 width options.
Obviously the narrower the tyre the fast you'll go due to less rolling resistance.
The wider option will give you a little more stability.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Whoops sorry I started a new thread I should have put the bike ride www.hhbikeride.co.uk on this thread.

May I say what a great job has been done on the website. Very well laid out and nice and simple to use. I particularly like the way you can drag your cursor over each route profile and it will give the elevation as you go, thereby knowing the exact gradients on each of the hills. How do they do that, do you know?

Good selection of routes and as the 21 miler isn't overly hilly I'm considering this as a family run as it should be a good but doable challenge for our 9 yr old by the time May comes around and she could help raise funds for the school swimming pool this way too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here