Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] My Flymo RIP

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
After 30 years faithful service my Flymo died at lunchtime, having cut the front lawn, the back garden was too much and despite my efforts I couldn't coax him back to life.

So is the 30 years service a record, or are you still using a mower that has and continues to provide grass cutting service for a longer period

Her, surely?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
After 30 years faithful service my Flymo died at lunchtime, having cut the front lawn, the back garden was too much and despite my efforts I couldn't coax him back to life.

So is the 30 years service a record, or are you still using a mower that has and continues to provide grass cutting service for a longer period

U ok hun? x

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Was it electric of petrol powered?

I have a Qualcast rotary that's been busy for 20 years - had to replace the motor brushes - £5 - when the motor died a few years back - CPR of the green-fingered variety ...

The petrol motors go on for ever if you keep them serviced.

Can you get petrol flymos?!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
My dad’s been using the same Mountfield two stroke his mum bought him and she’s been dead 30 years so it might last another season and beat your record.

Regularly serviced by the same guy who can’t believe it’s still going. No replacement blade needed so far, just removed and sharpened with a wet stone at the beginning of each Spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am so sorryI too had a Flymo that passed away some three years ago now,after a while I bought a Bosch rotary mower that worked beautifully and helped me with my grieving over the Flymo and though I still think of him as I mow the lawns of Wunt be druv heights the new mower has helped me to move on,I hope this helps you on this darkest of days to realise there is light somewhere at the end of the pitch black tunnel of sadness you are suffering.Be brave! There is hope..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
#prayforthemower

Won't anyone think of the children?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here