Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
WELL DONE EVERYONE - what a fantastic thread. This must now eclipse Calleri and cement its Gold status.

As a nurse on shift yesterday I made sure all my patients were kept up to date, mainly so I had a reason to keep sneakily checking this thread... oops.

The reason I'm posting this? Just so I can say "I was there"!

i am spartacus!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
WELL DONE EVERYONE - what a fantastic thread. This must now eclipse Calleri and cement its Gold status.

As a nurse on shift yesterday I made sure all my patients were kept up to date, mainly so I had a reason to keep sneakily checking this thread... oops.

The reason I'm posting this? Just so I can say "I was there"!

This, apart from any acts of goodness on my part - although i curbed an urge to swat at an overheated teen who held a can of chilled Tizer to their perspiring brow before putting it back in the newsagent refrigerator, which i suppose states that i can resist urges to attack the young, and therefore i'm not terribly bad..

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
More childish Naylor-bashing.

So what would you do - make up news? Should he not report anything that appears on NSC? It’s his job to report anything relevant, whatever the source. And, unlike NSC, he has a duty to check that what he reports is verified.

Bear in mind that there are many thousands of Albion supporters who don’t waste hours of their lives on NSC like you and I do.

Furthermore, he is meant to report fact not speculation. Opinion and rumour are not news. People seem to think that guesswork and following someone elses speculation puts them ahead of Andy in their 'knowledge'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I’m kinda 50/50 on this. On the one hand, it’d be great for us if he reported something we didn’t know. On the other, he does do precisely that on quite a few occasions, and he also has to cater for those folk who don’t read NSC.

6 minutes.

Yeah, believe it or not, there are some freaky Brighton fans out there who don't set foot here. Most are lurkers but some avoid it altogether. Weirdos!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don’t think so. I see it as confirmation from a reporter who is close to the club that we are on track to sign him. It’s very encouraging news.
Added to which all the tracking of his plane etc which was so entertaining and amusing actually ended being correct.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
This, apart from any acts of goodness on my part - although i curbed an urge to swat at an overheated teen who held a can of chilled Tizer to their perspiring brow before putting it back in the newsagent refrigerator, which i suppose states that i can resist urges to attack the young, and therefore i'm not terribly bad..
The teen deserved swatting

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Although I have been supporting Brighton since the 1970s as a kid, I didn't join this forum until recently relying on people such as Andy Naylor and twitter as my source of information, but, over the past few days I have never had so much internet fun. :)

Watching the would-be Sherlock's yesterday identifying and tracking his private jet was pure entertainment gold - then spotting him outside the medical centre in Brighton just shows how much reach this forum has and kudos to whoever started it.
Of course there will be a lot of red herrings, but there is 'no smoke without fire' and you can get the gist of how things are going through sifting through all the crap.

Really excited and buzzing about our club and where it is going and I wish my father was around to see these times as he was the guy that first introduced me to the Albion when I was four years old, bless him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Although I have been supporting Brighton since the 1970s as a kid, I didn't join this forum until recently relying on people such as Andy Naylor and twitter as my source of information, but, over the past few days I have never had so much internet fun. :)

Watching the would-be Sherlock's yesterday identifying and tracking his private jet was pure entertainment gold - then spotting him outside the medical centre in Brighton just shows how much reach this forum has and kudos to whoever started it.
Of course there will be a lot of red herrings, but there is 'no smoke without fire' and you can get the gist of how things are going through sifting through all the crap.

Really excited and buzzing about our club and where it is going and I wish my father was around to see these times as he was the guy that first introduced me to the Albion when I was four years old, bless him.

Its the crap that is where you can pick up titbits, from time to time :lolol:

You must be very proud of your dad :thumbsup:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I feel a bit sorry for the sports reporters at the Argus as they are stuck between a rock and a hard place as they have the club on one side who have an iron grip on information and their employer who tell them not to upset the club. With so many sources online most of which are bull but usually break genuine stories they are hamstrung. Where they are useful is for confirming details, they are diligent and not sensationalist. Unfortunately they have contributed nothing to this story and have been well off the pace and missed yesterdays wonderful circus tracking flight paths and identifying secret locations. Even with the piece of info regarding the fee being wide of the mark they haven’t reported the price. Maybe it is time for the Argus to be free and they can generate income through advertising and increase their circulation. I come home for 6 weeks every summer and haven’t bought it in years although I do read online. I hope they can adapt further to the market and remain relevant but I think it will take courage and innovation and the local press as a whole don’t have it.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Another day of waiting and another search for Persian Ali. No doubt we have Albion spotters positioned at the Amex and at Lancing. We also now know that if he gets on a flight we will find him in seconds. Let’s just hope that he sings.....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You clearly were:-

He is a reporter; his job is to report the news. If the Ali deal wasn't completely done and dusted at the time of going to press, how can he report otherwise?

I seem to remember he received dog's abuse a few years ago when the Argus carried a story of the imminent signing of someone (can't remember who), only for the deal to fall through at the last minute (possibly because of a failed medical).

There have been, and will be, plenty of valid reasons for criticizing Naylor, but this isn't one of them.
This.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I’m not squabbling.

Things that were right: he did visit Lancing on Monday morning. He did complete most of his medical then. LCFC did meddle. LCFC then stepped down. The final detail was signed tonight. The embargo is lifted at 9.30.

Things that were wrong: we believed he stayed in a London hotel Monday night, that cannot be proven, and may well be wrong.

I am, truly, sorry for misleading you all so grossly.

Pathetic, after-timing and STILL incorrect.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Another day of waiting and another search for Persian Ali. No doubt we have Albion spotters positioned at the Amex and at Lancing. We also now know that if he gets on a flight we will find him in seconds. Let’s just hope that he sings.....
i think a carpet landed at Shoreham.today :blush::nono::

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Biggin Hill Airfield, none of us foresaw that one. Stumping the legions of Albion Ultra Ultras camped out at Shoreham, Gatwick & Heathrow.

40CE82C2-5D78-49DA-B97E-76E9684F6E24.png

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
How on earth did you guys work out what flight he was on?? I doubt many club forums or even journalists have ever tracked down a player like this before... impressive stuff!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here