Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That'll do for me....

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Does blue and white do something for concentration because every keeper who comes here seems to have a blinder! That was comfortably the best performance of any goalie I've seen for a very long time so my hat is off to Marshall. Another day, another keeper and we would have steam-rolled them. If we keep playing like that we'll do just fine.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Can you not see that Cardiff were dire!? Apart from the goal, which was gifted to them by Stockdale, the only other shot they had on goal was the point blank effort that fell to Noone that Stockdale made a great save from. Aside from Fabio De Silva, who's different class at that level, the only other player to show anything for them was Pilkington in patches.

The fact that we had so much of the play, and yes we did play lovely football at times, and so many chances yet only came away with one fluked goal from a defender has surely to be a major cause for concern. You can argue that their keeper kept them in it, but unless we get a decent goalscorer in it's going to be a long hard season if we can't manage goals against shit sides like that. We should have ripped them apart tonight.

Did you not notice the large coloured gentleman with a pony tail and a no.9 on the back of his shirt.

And everyone else seems to reckon their goalkeeper was pretty good as well. He was the one in green who kept preventing people from scoring.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Did you not notice the large coloured gentleman with a pony tail and a no.9 on the back of his shirt.

And everyone else seems to reckon their goalkeeper was pretty good as well. He was the one in green who kept preventing people from scoring.

What did Kenwyne Jones do apart from score the goal that was gifted to him?

Yes, Marshall was outstanding, mom without doubt, as alluded to when I mentioned that you can argue their keeper kept them in the game.

I challenge anyone to say that Cardiff are a good side on the strength of that performance. They looked woeful to me.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Thoroughly enjoyable match tonight, which if it wasn't for a catastrophic cock up, and an immense performance from their keeper would have been a very convincing win.

People do love to forget the very smart stop he made in the 2nd half from dunks poor back header.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny old game. I thought Fabio was awful - was caught out by a long ball to Bruno at least 5 times.

Agreed. I thought he was mostly dreadful. Hard to imagine him as a Premier League player.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Agreed. Before everyone castigates Stockdale, watch a replay. No idea WTF Dunk was doing, but it wasn't what he is paid to do (IMHO), unless there was a bloody big shout from Stockdale of 'keepers' or suchlike.

I'll jump on the Mullery bandwagon, Stockdales mistake, if he comes to claim it he should make sure he does, otherwise he would've swallowed it if he had stayed back on his line.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I did not realise that was him in the first half. In the second half, when he was close to us in the East Stand, he looked a quality player. He nearly always managed to get himself between the player and the ball.

And he managed to hold his own against COG and come away with the ball when COG had first planted himself between him and the ball - a bit of the Bridcutt about his strength to size ratio.

I'm in the East too and it was the second half performance right in front of us that stuck in my mind. I'd hold my hands up though concerning the long balls to Bruno first half.

Cardiff fans, on their forum, clearly think he's a quality player for them.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Surprisingly I'm enjoying us play good attacking football and not winning more than when we were grinding out lucky 1 nil wins with four attacking moves a game. Didn't think I would.

It does confirm that half our fans know the score but seem oblivious to what actually happened the other 89 minutes of the game.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
apart from lack of 2 more points. We are defo on the way up. We looked everso sharp and quick and it was, at times, goosebumpy watching my team. Keep the faith... it'll come good
Sometimes in footy it's a question of luck, even over a long run of games. YES they need to hit the onion bag more but even if they go down, which they probably won't it's not the end of the world as we know it. There's no 3 obvious mugs this season so it's not impossible but that's the Championship.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Yep,we are not far away.cant believe some of the comments on the match thread saying we were poor.
I think most of those commenting only see the game through the radio or intermittent streams as their views have no real correlation to the actual game. not the ones i watch anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fun fact
Baldock - relegated with Bristol City
CMS - relegated with Peterborough
O'Grady - relegated with Barnsley

Strangely, I'm not particularly worried, I think we'll be fine

I don't have the exact stats but we must be having 20 shots a game? 10 games in and 200 shots? Our forwards have scored once between them? That is pathetic and a little worrying. We do need a genuine Championship goalscorer, to supplement the League One strikers we have at present.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did you see those TRIANGLES!
They summed up the season so far at about the 5 minute mark.

Greer, in the middle of our half - Holla - Bruno - T'Shearer, 25 yards from their goal ...

All quick, hard, accurate one touch passing to feet.
It took less than 5 seconds to get the over 2/3rds of the pitch.
Cardiff were statuesque, then ...

...T'shearer - KLL, ball played behind Kaz and away from goal, leaving him no chance to shoot/score.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Fantastic first 20 mins, then Stockdale's error seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and we were fairly ordinary for the rest of the half.

Second we showed glimpses, but never really matched the lofty heights of the first for me.

An ok performance that deserved better.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If your strikers don't score goals you get relegated. Very worrying form.

And this ladies and gents is basically the fact of the matter.

I genuinely can see that come Nov/Dec we will be using the words too good to go down...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can you not see that Cardiff were dire!? Apart from the goal, which was gifted to them by Stockdale, the only other shot they had on goal was the point blank effort that fell to Noone that Stockdale made a great save from. Aside from Fabio De Silva, who's different class at that level, the only other player to show anything for them was Pilkington in patches.

The fact that we had so much of the play, and yes we did play lovely football at times, and so many chances yet only came away with one fluked goal from a defender has surely to be a major cause for concern. You can argue that their keeper kept them in it, but unless we get a decent goalscorer in it's going to be a long hard season if we can't manage goals against shit sides like that. We should have ripped them apart tonight.

As soon as you mentioned Fabio being different class, I realised you were joking. Phew.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here