Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS, Baldock and Colunga

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Was Baldock a long term target to partner Ulloa?

Smacks of a signing to appease the masses.

O,Grady a Burke signing not fancied at all by Hypia.

Colunga = Rodriguez mark 2 - tidy but offers little in the championship.

CMS we know he is not a player who is going to make the difference at this level even especially after his injury.

Toko?
Agustien?
Etc etc

Our recruitment and rent enjoin policy has ben nuts since Poyet left.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Two at best league one strikers and a foreign player who needs to bed in. Is this really the best you can do Burke?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Take a real good look at these 3 when they play. Yesterday, each of them were poised to burst out of the line on probably 20 occasions in total. They are never found by a ball from midfield or a ball over the top from the back. We have three explosive forwards but we just don't play to their strengths. Not since Vicente, has anyone played balls consistently into channels. Maybe Paddy might do this.

Totally agree. This happened so may bloody times yesterday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well I must of been watching another team then I guess
If you think we have the worst keeper you've ever seen, then yes, you've been watching another team.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Might help if the central midfield were allowed to get near them rather than watching the full backs play as wingers while they cover the space.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Struggling to think of worse considering how much we payed for him and the fact he played prem football
Ah, those are new caveats. Yes, given how much we paid for him, it's been a very disappointing start. What about Teixeira - ok at best? Blimey.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Take a real good look at these 3 when they play. Yesterday, each of them were poised to burst out of the line on probably 20 occasions in total. They are never found by a ball from midfield or a ball over the top from the back. We have three explosive forwards but we just don't play to their strengths. Not since Vicente, has anyone played balls consistently into channels. Maybe Paddy might do this.

McCourt was finding them once he came on for his cameo. There is still hope.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
So you thought, at the time of appointment, that sammi was a poor choice of manager and also that we had signed poor players? I'm guessing you were in a minority.

How things look on paper after club spin is completely different to how things are in reality. You can only judge what you see and both the manager and squad seem woefully worse than last season after seeing the results on the pitch!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
How things look on paper after club spin is completely different to how things are in reality. You can only judge what you see and both the manager and squad seem woefully worse than last season after seeing the results on the pitch!

At the start of the first season at the Amex, I was amazed at the speed and passing of the football, compared to the last season at Withdean in League 1. Championship football was so much better and the players seemed so much fitter and athletic. Obviously, you would expect this if a team goes up, but I was struck by the HUGE difference, which I had not anticipated. COG, CMS and SB all made a good name for themselves in League 1, and were rightly lauded for their goal tally. The club spends around the 2 million mark for players and for that you get a proven league 1 scorer, but I just wonder if this is enough for Championship level. This is NOT a criticism of the club -without parachute payments, and wanting to keep to FFP rules, they cannot afford to spend much larger sums. Please don't get me wrong - I am a huge fan of CMS but even an optimist such as I am, would have to say that his goal tally, even allowing for the injury, has not been what we had anticipated when he arrived, and I fear that this will be the case with the others. I really hope that I am wrong, and I admit it is early days, but the current signs are not promising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here