Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brazil v Costa Rica

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have you seen a single team that worry you* in this world cup?

* from an England perspective

Not WORRY, no. Spain look the best team in it, from what we've seen so far.

Croatia pretty good last night, but they'd need a lot of luck. They could (should) have been down to 10 at 0-0 in that game.

IMO, like.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What a horrible bunch they are.

They're meant to be pure samba football, off the beaches, and yet they're a bunch of cheating horrible tossers, the players, the manager, their bench. There is no honour or legend about Brazil. That legend is long dead. This lot can do one.

Rivaldo clutching his face in 2002 broke that spell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes, again. The times VAR may have got it wrong are very marginal. There have been a few clearly correct overturned decisions. There was a penalty not given some games ago, that was overturned correctly, but can't remember who.

For Egypt against Russia. FK given outside the box - changed to Pen once VAR showed clearly the foul continued inside.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They are launching a new table football in honour of this tournament:

g0uxcm66h4a01.jpg

Did you find their winners, ruined your day? :down:

Keane & Evra summed it up ..... deserved.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Brazil will come nowhere near winning this tournament whilst their tactics and mentality are focused around Neymar. Costa Rica are proper shit, have no legs in midfield and very little talent. First pacy organised European side Brazil face it is game over for them, unless they start to use their entire team.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Brilliant by Firmino & Coutinho.

Going against the NSC grain of everyone hating Brazil and all the big nations, I’m pleased.

Massed defence and momentum denying fouls, are in danger of dominating this WC. Which may be the lowest goals scored per WC in history?

Not as if you're doing something different, you are always siding with the 'big' teams which gets tedious.

There are numerous legitimate reasons why people are taking a bit of a dislike to Brazil.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I'm pleased Brazil won because it would have been so harsh on Mexico if they won their group, and still ended up facing Brazil in the second round.

Plus I would love a rerun of Germany v Brazil this early in the tournament and see the second most egocentric footballer in the world in tears again.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Samba football it wasn't, may improve as tournament progresses but look vulnerable at the moment. :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not as if you're doing something different, you are always siding with the 'big' teams which gets tedious.

There are numerous legitimate reasons why people are taking a bit of a dislike to Brazil.

It depends on the match for me, not the nations.

Second half today, only one team tried to play and attack. I wanted to see that rewarded.

Similarly, I loved Mexico’s positive approach versus Germany.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For Egypt against Russia. FK given outside the box - changed to Pen once VAR showed clearly the foul continued inside.
I was thinking of another - from the ref's position it looked like the defender knocked the ball awy, but replays showed that he missed it, and it was the attacker that touched the ball.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It depends on the match for me, not the nations.

Second half today, only one team tried to play and attack. I wanted to see that rewarded.

Similarly, I loved Mexico’s positive approach versus Germany.

Don't disagree with you on that, BUT every dive, the entire Brazil bench jumping up and down, running down the touchline whenever a breath of wind caught Neymar's hair, pathetic. Overshadows any great football for me. But not it doesn't upset me either. :laugh:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Zaha is in his back yard practicing of those Naymar moves, sorry dives

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here