Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk on Monday Night Club (Radio 5 Live)

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunky doesn't come across as well as what Virgo did but i still love him.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Lewis Dunk...'He's one of our own':albion2:

As for Dale Stephens...Take him out of our team and see what happens...We did (injury), and we were far the worse for it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Dunky doesn't come across as well as what Virgo did but i still love him.

Bless him he always seems a bit nervous and awkward when being interviewed which I'm guessing is completely at odds to his normal personality.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Jack Butland made similar comments as well as slating the club's transfer policy.

Butland's claims were totally bonkers. The reason the club got relegated was the poor performance of the players who played during the season - not the players who didn't play.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I thought Wrighty was going to give Charlie Adam one Our Father and ten Hail Marys as penance after that.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dunk, Chapman and Adam emphasising the importance of unsung hero Dale Stephens. They said he often doesn’t get the credit due to him.

90% of the supporters do recognise how good DS is.

90%...? That's generous.

Dale Stephens has been criminally under-rated by so many for so long, mostly by Brighton fans. He seems to be more appreciated by opposition fans for the shift he puts in closing down their midfield. I've had him in my top three of Albion players of the season for the past three seasons.

His fellow professionals have voted him into their team of the season or, in the case of the Albion, into the top two of players' player. The Brighton fans, in their voting patterns, don't seem to agree.

For me, he is one of the best central midfielders the club has ever had - he is that good. Worth of mention alongside Case, Grealish, Wilson and (when he played there) Lawrenson. Having Davy Propper alongside him has made him better still. Glad we signed him up for four years last year.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
90%...? That's generous.

Dale Stephens has been criminally under-rated by so many for so long, mostly by Brighton fans. He seems to be more appreciated by opposition fans for the shift he puts in closing down their midfield. I've had him in my top three of Albion players of the season for the past three seasons.

His fellow professionals have voted him into their team of the season or, in the case of the Albion, into the top two of players' player. The Brighton fans, in their voting patterns, don't seem to agree.

For me, he is one of the best central midfielders the club has ever had - he is that good. Worth of mention alongside Case, Grealish, Wilson and (when he played there) Lawrenson. Having Davy Propper alongside him has made him better still. Glad we signed him up for four years last year.
I agree. Does he deserve a chance with England? I keep hearing that Southgate might try and get Milner out of retirement.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
90%...? That's generous.

Agree with all this, though I don't have the years to make the same comparisons.

People claiming he isn't underrated on here, go and check any player ratings thread and you will see a plethora of 5's and 6's in almost every game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
90%...? That's generous.

There are 2 on the 'less hectic' thread that want him dropped for not scoring enough goals. :facepalm:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you don't think Stephens is one of our most important players just looks at the stats when he plays compared to when he doesn't.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But is Stephens better than 'Player of the Season' Pascal Groß ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here