Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A B'Easter'ly is unlikely from what I've seen. One of the model runs hinted at a possibility, but last I saw that's disappeared again now. More likely to have some form of northerly, which'll be cold, but exactly how cold yet to be determined.

Yep. That would be my take. Chilly, night frosts possible, but nothing disruptive down here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The snow has thawed very quickly today. left home with a fair bit still about and come home to nothing> Rapid.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Yep. That would be my take. Chilly, night frosts possible, but nothing disruptive down here.

Models are now once again toying with the idea of a B'Easter'ly. Most recent model run ensembles are less keen on it than the over night runs. Looks quite finely balanced on whether or not it pushes through or gets blocked from coming all the way to the UK.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Models are now once again toying with the idea of a B'Easter'ly. Most recent model run ensembles are less keen on it than the over night runs. Looks quite finely balanced on whether or not it pushes through or gets blocked from coming all the way to the UK.

Yep. I was thinking of posting something about it earlier, but the 6Z run has backed away a little (at least at the ensemble level, the Op is still keen).

As I'm sure you've deduced, I LOVE snow, but I quite fancy spring to arrive now. Looks like that might be a vain hope.

Just seen this posted elsewhere.

gfs_500p_8d_eur.gif

Needs to fvck off now tbh.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Papa if the beast #3 arrives. What day you think it will? Wife leaving for Devon at 6am on Friday. I'm joining after saturdays game.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa if the beast #3 arrives. What day you think it will? Wife leaving for Devon at 6am on Friday. I'm joining after saturdays game.

Hhmm.. yesterday's model output had snow on Thursday!

Today's current run (not completed yet) has the cold weather starting Thursday again, but it's not certain, as there is a BIG divergence from Tuesday / Wednesday.

graphe_ens3_yum5.gif

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Can it just fcking warn up now. The ship has sailed

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions