Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Todays ref Stuart Attwell

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought he favoured Arsenal. Worst refereeing performance of the season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really cannot believe people saying the Schellotto incident was worth a red card
I haven't seen decent footage to see if Kolašinac was going for the ball, or caught sight of Schelotto and took him out on purpose.
If the latter, then it's a straight red.
If the former (ie, he went for the ball), then he missed the ball and wiped out Schelotto, so it's a 2nd yellow.

Either way, it's a sending off.

Yes I know that Schelotto headed the ball onto Kolašinac, but as they went for the first ball Kolašinac missed it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I thought 2nd half especially that so many poor decisions went against us that it wasn’t poor referring it was outright bias. Perhaps officials feel the spotlight will be on the top 6 side and so even subconsciously favour the bigger side because of the scrutiny.
Chris will not criticise ref's when they give poor decisions against us.

That will mean that more decisions are given against us. He needs to wise up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he gave pretty well all the 50/50 decisions to Arsenal, especially after we went 2-0 up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
3 shocking decisions by him and his team.as mentioned elsewhere: -
Stephens booked for having the temerity to win the ball cleanly 3 yards from the Arsenal player who got slightly grazed in the follow-through.
Kalasinac not yellow or red carded for a shoulder charge to the head that knocked Schelotto unconscious. Not even a free kick!!!! Astonishing.
Jose given offside when a yard onside and just about clear on goal. Almost as astonishing as the Kalasinac decision.

I can't really say he did OK apart from 3 incredibly poor decisions. Appeared to be a "Big 6" lover, of which there are several in the refereeing fraternity.
Agree with all 3 of these mistakes. He needs to be booted down to league 1 at least.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A disgrace to his profession just about sums it up

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My first instinct was he was onside, but have seen it again on TV and sadly he was definitely offside. However I do think Attwell was shocking in the second half and him and his lino made some shocking decisions in Arsenal’s favour.

He was offside for the ball he put across for Murray to score. But don't think he was offside when the free kick was put through for him to run on to. Two different incidents.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My first instinct was he was onside, but have seen it again on TV and sadly he was definitely offside. However I do think Attwell was shocking in the second half and him and his lino made some shocking decisions in Arsenal’s favour.

I think he was referring to the offside from the free kick in the first half. Definitely onside.

How about the penalty appeal in the second half?
If Attwell was so sure that it wasn't a foul (which it wasn't), shouldn't he have given Zhaka a second yellow for simulation?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was shite

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The odd thing is that unjust as it was for Kolasinac to remain on the pitch, it sounded as though that eventually worked in our favour. I was only listening on the radio but prior to the incident it sounded as though we were really under the cosh. After that it seemed that we shut the game out and Arsenal actually created very little. Funny how these things work out.

I could have this wrong. I wasn't there. Happy to be corrected.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, I've watched the Schelotto incident several times (Sky & BBC). Just as the ball is arriving, Kolašinac throws his shoulder with force into Schelotto. It's a clear straight red.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Attwell has previous this season for ignoring players dangerously flattening their opponents, so I suppose perhaps we should have expected his pathetically weak response to Kolasinac's thuggery.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Ok, I've watched the Schelotto incident several times (Sky & BBC). Just as the ball is arriving, Kolašinac throws his shoulder with force into Schelotto. It's a clear straight red.

Can’t believe there is a discussion about it to be honest :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here