Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham coach suspended in Another attack on free speech

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
It's entertaining seeing islamaphobes try to paint these wankers as peaceful 'Lads'. The same as they tried to do with the EDL. I wonder what percentage of the 'Lads' are or were members of EDL before they disappeared to almost nothing.
It's like the 'march for England' nitwits in Brighton who forgot who they were and started chanting EDL. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I can kinda see why West Ham have taken this action.

He's attended a march organised by a group which is, rightly or wrongly, assumed by many to be an Islamophobic hate group or whatever you want to call it. He's attended this march whilst working for West Ham, a team in East London which has it's fair share of BAME population with it being likely that a few of them he's even responsible for coaching.

Would you want someone who's now a known associate / member / supporter / whatever of the DFLA to be working alongside and indeed teaching people he very well may not even like?

Difficult one for me to be honest. He's got a right to his views as we all do but the club also have a responsibility to the community it resides in.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's entertaining seeing islamaphobes try to paint these wankers as peaceful 'Lads'. The same as they tried to do with the EDL. I wonder what percentage of the 'Lads' are or were members of EDL before they disappeared to almost nothing.
It's like the 'march for England' nitwits in Brighton who forgot who they were and started chanting EDL. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it's a duck.

If by 'entertaining' you mean 'depressingly predictable', then yes, agreed.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I can kinda see why West Ham have taken this action.

He's attended a march organised by a group which is, rightly or wrongly, assumed by many to be an Islamophobic hate group or whatever you want to call it. He's attended this march whilst working for West Ham, a team in East London which has it's fair share of BAME population with it being likely that a few of them he's even responsible for coaching.

Would you want someone who's now a known associate / member / supporter / whatever of the DFLA to be working alongside and indeed teaching people he very well may not even like?

Difficult one for me to be honest. He's got a right to his views as we all do but the club also have a responsibility to the community it resides in.

He is being investigated, and hasn't been sacked. If West Ham are happy with his actions, then he will be reinstated. I don't think he will be, as he doesn't seem to have much wisdom in a) going and b) putting in on Twitter for everyone to see.

Football Lads. I'm sure they all love their Mums.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Were.you there ? I was , there is a definite agenda for the police to be heavy handed and cause trouble , with routing antifa in the way of the march to just generally lashing out

Only watched the last video.....but clearly the guy taking it is there for no other reason but to get a rise out of the cop

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Only watched the last video.....but clearly the guy taking it is there for no other reason but to get a rise out of the cop

He was clearly exposing the lies the bloke told , do you think the be videoing the conversation if the copper hadnt lied , and perhaps the copper should also be taken to task for espousing political views whilst in uniform.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Were.you there ? I was , there is a definite agenda for the police to be heavy handed and cause trouble , with routing antifa in the way of the march to just generally lashing out

Been happening for years, just look at the attack on Ian Tomlinson who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, despite walking away from the Police with their riot sticks and dogs he was suddenly attacked from behind and pushed to the ground. he had his hands in his pockets and was walking away !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He was clearly exposing the lies the bloke told , do you think the be videoing the conversation if the copper hadnt lied , and perhaps the copper should also be taken to task for espousing political views whilst in uniform.

I see both sides Alf unlike your one..I also don’t use this platform to espouse my political views

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How do you know he lied? He may have thought it was an EDL march. That isn't lying, that is being mistaken. Acted very professionally from what I could tell in the face of some idiot with a camera trying to get some footage and a rise out of him.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i wondered what the aims and objectives of this group are. their twitter says they oppose extremism and grooming gangs. noble causes, though im not sure why these particular issues would be the number 1 & 2 burning issues to football fans? i'd like to know their positions on safe standing, cost of tickets, government policy of sports education and local sporting facilities, and of course drinking in sight of the pitch.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How do you know he lied? He may have thought it was an EDL march. That isn't lying, that is being mistaken. Acted very professionally from what I could tell in the face of some idiot with a camera trying to get some footage and a rise out of him.

Because he would have been fully briefed on what he was policing that day , do you really think they just turn up and stand around , he told lies , expounded political views and was rude and aggressive , to say he wasnt is an insult to peoples intelligence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here