Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Podcasts - what are you listening to?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Great suggestions here it seems - I do like words in my head as I mooch around town.

I can recommend Caliphate, a New York Times 10-parter about the inner workings of ISIS and the effect they've had. It's the most comprehensive deconstruction of them I've ever heard, and as such is brilliant. The production is absorbing, mixing as it does interviews with a young Canadian 'convert', a Yazidi girl held as a slave, and the thoughts and punctuations of the presenters who do an incredibly fine job of holding your hand through it all. It's really stuck with me.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I am listening to the Elis James feast of football podcast- mainly about welsh football, but a good dynamic between Elis, Danny Gabbidon and Iwna Roberts.

Also listening the the 5-live boxing podcast with Costello and Bunce.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I am listening to the Elis James feast of football podcast- mainly about welsh football, but a good dynamic between Elis, Danny Gabbidon and Iwna Roberts.

Also listening the the 5-live boxing podcast with Costello and Bunce.

I started listening to a few of those, but got a bit fed up and bored with the detailed focus on all things Cardiff/Swansea. So for now its:

Guardian Football Weekly
Peter Crouch
Quickly Kevin
Flintoff, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy
Russell Brand on Radio X
Frank Skinner
Fighting Talk
Albion Unlimited

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I started listening to a few of those, but got a bit fed up and bored with the detailed focus on all things Cardiff/Swansea. So for now its:

Guardian Football Weekly
Peter Crouch
Quickly Kevin
Flintoff, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy
Russell Brand on Radio X
Frank Skinner
Fighting Talk
Albion Unlimited
Eli's James' podcast with John Robbins is excellent.
The preable is a bit hard work sometimes but the show is very funny

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I've started listening to 'undr the cosh' (sic) after they tweeted Glenn Murray to say he got a mention, it's Jon Parkin, Chris Brown and another Northener, talking to northern ex. footballers, when I 1st listened it just sounded like a load of northerners swearing but if you stick with it, it's really entertaining.
However it does seem that northern footballers are obsessed with taking a dump,anywhere and everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Great suggestions here it seems - I do like words in my head as I mooch around town.

I can recommend Caliphate, a New York Times 10-parter about the inner workings of ISIS and the effect they've had. It's the most comprehensive deconstruction of them I've ever heard, and as such is brilliant. The production is absorbing, mixing as it does interviews with a young Canadian 'convert', a Yazidi girl held as a slave, and the thoughts and punctuations of the presenters who do an incredibly fine job of holding your hand through it all. It's really stuck with me.

Yes, it's very good. I follow the journalist on twitter. Grimly fascinating.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Yes, it's very good. I follow the journalist on twitter. Grimly fascinating.

Oh someone else! Yes, isn't it just. It's made me selectively download their The Daily podcast. I like how they explain things. Listened to the Roe vs Wade one this evening - I didn't know who she was/how it all came about (who over here does, really?) and it again is quite grim listening.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I've started listening to 'undr the cosh' (sic) after they tweeted Glenn Murray to say he got a mention, it's Jon Parkin, Chris Brown and another Northener, talking to northern ex. footballers, when I 1st listened it just sounded like a load of northerners swearing but if you stick with it, it's really entertaining.
However it does seem that northern footballers are obsessed with taking a dump,anywhere and everywhere.

A trait seemingly shared with coach drivers

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The Horne Section podcast is my newest discovery. Alex Horne is on Taskmaster apparently, but this is his baby. Him, his band and a single guest, I have to listen to this walking around a park rather than on the tube as it makes me laugh aloud and inanely grin, as they play games and sing songs about things. Adam Buxton, Tim Key were standout guests in series one, with series two coming this Wednesday. Really really recommended.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The Horne Section podcast is my newest discovery. Alex Horne is on Taskmaster apparently, but this is his baby. Him, his band and a single guest, I have to listen to this walking around a park rather than on the tube as it makes me laugh aloud and inanely grin, as they play games and sing songs about things. Adam Buxton, Tim Key were standout guests in series one, with series two coming this Wednesday. Really really recommended.

This sounds right up my street, thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Steve Bunce's Tales of the Extraordinary, on the 5Live feed.

Absolutely hilarious.

I love Buncey on Fighting Talk and here Caroline Barker 'interviews' him on a particular tall tale.
I say interview as she just basically gets the Buncey ball rolling and away he goes.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Horne is great, The Horne Sectio is also a program on Dave. As for Taskmaster, just about the funniest thing on telly for ages. All 7 series are on UKTVPlay and it’s just fantastic.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

On your recommendation I have just started listening to the Horne podcast. Brilliant. Thanks for the heads up.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Just seen Behind Closed Doors, with Danny Baker and Gary Lineker, might be worth downloading. Haven't listened myself just yet, but perhaps That Peter Crouch Podcast has started a wave of footballers telling anecdotes? I do hope so!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stone Clearing With Richard Herring - Honest.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I think Baker and Lineker will be good when they settle into it and stop talking over each other.
Still enjoying; undr the cosh (sic). Brett Ormorods views on Harry Rednapp are worth a listen this week.
Also giving Brian and Roger a listen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here