Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT Kitchens

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It was very cheap and included a new oven and extractor fan. The total for the kitchen was actually around 1.5k I can't remember exactly. I think it was 6 units, sorry we've actually moved house since we did the kitchen! I purposely designed it to optimise the space we had. It included one corner unit for the sink, double sink with taps around 6 metres of worktop. A unit to house the oven, this included a draw underneath the oven. One large base unit, one large hanging unit, one smaller base unit and one smaller hanging unit. The larger base unit also had the draw with the two levels, also we went with the cheaper plinths, soft close doors and added side panels to the units to match the colour of the cupboards.

I've possibly missed some bits out if I remember I'll update.

Wow. Top bombing sir! You've certainly got me thinking now and I've just been having a quick play with their kitchen design tool. Will have a better play tonight with some accurate measurements rater than guess work.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Wow. Top bombing sir! You've certainly got me thinking now and I've just been having a quick play with their kitchen design tool. Will have a better play tonight with some accurate measurements rater than guess work.

Tbh there's no harm in giving it a go, literally my first iteration took me no time at all. Once you have all the measurements in place its actually pretty easy and like I mentioned the guys in store clarified a few bits for me and gave me some improvements with the features. One issue I did have mind you was finding a fitter but I think that was partly due to the scale of the job being that it wasn't the largest project/pay check for someone.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Inherited my kitchen when I moved into my flat 20 years ago. seeing as how I rarely do any cooking in it, it's never been a priority. Basically it's kitchen equivalent of bathroom avocado suite (which I HAVE had replaced). Would appreciate any recommendations for a local firm who can source and fit a kitchen from one of the reasonably priced 'name' kitchen suppliers together with associated white goods. Oh, and a bit of basic tiling to finish it off. Basically take just about everything out the old kitchen and make me a new kitchen. Ideally while I'm out of the country for a month or so. Cheers.

PM sent.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Windmill kitchens are awesome, and actually manufactured in burgess hill! We just had one installed by them, but yes they are quite middle to high end,
Had howdens at previous houses and very impressed. As others have said it's the work surfaces that make the difference and worth spending money on.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We have a howdens account and usally aways use them when fitting kitchens although we're fitting a wren kitchen in Lewes atm and it's pretty decent quality apart from taking the draws out!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We have a howdens account and usally aways use them when fitting kitchens although we're fitting a wren kitchen in Lewes atm and it's pretty decent quality apart from taking the draws out!

Don't ever use Howdens for bathroom units.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had mine hand made. All seperate units and I can take it with me if I leave.

Didn't cost more than a standard fittes one.

Pine bases solid oak worktop.

I hate standard fitted kitchens so much that I haven't got cupboards. Got a local carpenter to utilise two small alcoves to make floor to ceiling larders.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Just going through the same process. We have had quotes from:

Howdens
Parkers
Wicks
Metamorphosis - Hailsham
Jones Briton - Heathfield
Yew Tree Designs - Haywards Heath and TWells

So a good range of low to high end. Right now, Yew Tree Designs are leading the way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

How did you get on with the Wren kitchen? We really like one of their matt finished doors, and the price we got for the kitchen was very competitive. Their appearances on Watchdog, Rip Off Britain, and bottom of the table Which? rating have put me off though, although generally the quality of the kitchen seems okay.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Wren Kitchens did mine, can't fault it. Got an independent fitter to install, he too was impressed with quality.

You still happy with your Wren? Am in the process of formalising an order with them, but getting cold feet – see post above.

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Also getting a price from this place which comes out slightly cheaper than Wren's. 90% Customer Satisfaction on Which?. Any issues arising, still happy?

We purchased our cabinets (self design) from them 5 yrs ago (worktops elsewhere). Absolutely delighted then and still love them now. If ever we needed a new kitchen again we would go straight to them and not even bother the shop around. If you're comfortable dealing purely on-line and either fitting yourself or employing a fitter then yes I'd recommend.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thinking of doing the same, Howdens keep being mentioned as a good option. And if you've got the money stick a fancier worktop on top.

Howdens kitchens are ok for the price, I see them all the time in rented accomodation and student houses.
But you get a Lamona oven with them (you don't have to have one though) don't get one, they are rubbish.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Also getting a price from this place which comes out slightly cheaper than Wren's. 90% Customer Satisfaction on Which?. Any issues arising, still happy?

Yeah happy with the kitchen. Price and quality of the units, doors and hardware are all good. Delivery is a bit of a pain if you have steps but other than that can't fault them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You still happy with your Wren? Am in the process of formalising an order with them, but getting cold feet – see post above.

Totally happy with it, the only let down has been the mechanism in the magic corner, but that may well have been us overloading it, and TBF it doesn't affect the operation of it. Everything else, 8 years on, is pretty spot on, the quality of the doors, carcass and fittings.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Wren supply good quality kitchens that are nice to fit. The problem was their fitters. Wether or not they weren't adequately tested or that their workload was so high they hired any old Tom or Dick to keep up.

I'm a carpenter and found their kitchens to be pleasant to fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here