Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Viral pneumonia

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks for all the steadfast advice.

I actually feel better having started some antibiotics - the bloods showed up an infection - so doc reckons now unlikely to have been V Pneumonia although that was her best guess at the time.

My fevers have mostly subsided but a distinct lack of appetite persists. Wife taken to just presenting me with food rather than ask what we should have etc and it seems to work as I’ll eat something that way!

Have taken on board what everyone said and have forked out for decorators to do the painting so for now I’m limited to wallpaper stripping and carpet removal.

Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry about food. Chicken soup cures all infections. It used to be thought an old wives tale but now shown to be a benefit. Rest as much as you can, when you can or you may relapse.

Last edited:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
gargle 2 x solsprin, take 1 x brufen (500mg), get your head down. job done.

that's what the sick bay told me :salute:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
carpet removal with dodgy chest? make sure you get a decent face mask, not a cheapo disposable one. and a sharp knife, split the carpet up rather than trying to pull out whole. full room carpet is heavy and awkward to manoeuvre.

Solid advice already taken. Invested in a proper face mask with removable filter and am planning on bite size sections of carpet for the skip!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've had a chest infection for the last couple of days and I can honestly say the night-times have been some of the worst few hours of my life. I just hope I sleep well tonight. No shut eye between 1am-8am and I'm aching all over my body. I get a thirst for cold Lucozade still orange but going downstairs to the fridge at 6am feels like a real challenge. No energy and I just don't feel like eating anything - just a couple of light pancakes tonight.

It's comes to something when you have to go back to your mum's to keep an eye on you. G/F is always at work so if I was to stay there I could make her ill. I'm thrashing around all night and moaning in pain. I've even had to get my mum to phone work - quite pathetic! At least she's really helping me.

Hope you feel better soon, Barham's Tash and I'm lucky that I don't have the stresses that you have at the moment. Hopefully each day you will feel better. :thumbsup:

ouch ....that sounds like a proper bout of flu mate .......i had it a few years ago and i though i was dying , i don't get sick often but that was horrendous , don't worry about the food just get plenty of water or lemonade into you ...get well soon mate .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
What other sorts of pneumonia are there aside from viral pneumonia?

Antibiotics are for bacterial infections and cannot cure a viral infection, you need anti virals, but they can stop/cure secondary bacterial infections, which is what you may have by now.

Good luck.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
What other sorts of pneumonia are there aside from viral pneumonia?

Antibiotics are for bacterial infections and cannot cure a viral infection, you need anti virals, but they can stop/cure secondary bacterial infections, which is what you may have by now.

Good luck.

Bacterial pneumonia is a thing but the doc thinks I just picked up some kind of bug. I try not to question her as she’s usually very good and since the antibiotics kicked in I’m feeling better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here