Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are you sure that's Percy?

View attachment 99567
Picture of him taken training with Royal Saint gillioise, would be surprised if we don’t hear soon that he has signed for them on loan.

I've been reliably informed that's not possible.

Yep. A good plan. But to be fair Its been reported multiple times that there will be no football link between USG and the Albion. Its purely a business investment from Bloom and completely separate is whats been argued (presumably from the horse's mouth).

Nobody on NSC seems to quite believe that of course and its been questioned in several threads in the last few months.
As for Tau then surely the club with 100s of staff, lawyers and contacts doing a million and one things have someone who can ask, before getting too far down the track, whether a transfer will be viable or not in terms of visas, FA rules etc or likely to be.

"There will be no link between the clubs at playing or boardroom level"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/162...etes-takeover-of-belgian-club-saint-gilloise/

It's been questioned multiple times because it makes absolutely no sense to own and run 2 identical 'companies' that can be mutually beneficial and have them keep their distance.

Fair enough. So either, Bloom not known for lack of business nous has just made an investment that "makes absolutely no sense" or as a football owner where he stands out as a transparent and honest owner in a questionable industry to say the least, has been lying about his intentions here multiple times.

Id imagine he's been 'economical' for reasons I'm way to stupid to understand.
Feel free to bounce this in a couple of seasons time, if there is no collusion between clubs.
Or I guess you could have another holiday from NSC if towing the company line makes you look a little silly, again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was one of them. Because Tony Bloom had explicitly said otherwise. Lesson learned.
I'm not sure Tony actually ruled out the odd loan - more that there wouldn't be an ongoing policy or strategy to do this.

Besides, Percy could just be training with USG for now rather than running along Hove seafront on his own.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not sure Tony actually ruled out the odd loan - more that there wouldn't be an ongoing policy or strategy to do this.

Besides, Percy could just be training with USG for now rather than running along Hove seafront on his own.

The Belgium second division would hardly seem like the most ideal warm up to (hopefully) the Premier League in 2019/20.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
.................................and if that doesn't enable him to qualify for a work permit?

Definitely don't see how the Belgian Second division would help meet the requirements, but I have to assume that however disappointing this move is, the club must know what they're doing, and have a plan for him. I don't think we've signed him just for a quick profit (why go all the way to SA to scout and sign someone just to re-sell?), the club would look closer to home for quick-profit sales i.e Mateju. Either that or Winstanley or one of the scouts fancied a holiday in SA and decided to watch Tau whilst out there and bring him back for a quick sell. Honestly though, I'm sure the club have big plans for him as part of the 1st team, so this loan move to a noddy league must be part of something bigger.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Definitely don't see how the Belgian Second division would help meet the requirements, but I have to assume that however disappointing this move is, the club must know what they're doing, and have a plan for him. I don't think we've signed him just for a quick profit (why go all the way to SA to scout and sign someone just to re-sell?), the club would look closer to home for quick-profit sales i.e Mateju. Either that or Winstanley or one of the scouts fancied a holiday in SA and decided to watch Tau whilst out there and bring him back for a quick sell. Honestly though, I'm sure the club have big plans for him as part of the 1st team, so this loan move to a noddy league must be part of something bigger.

We need South Africa climbing the fifa rankings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here