Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Umm but with 1.1 million followers on instagram, imagine the potential shirt sales. 10% thats 100000extra shirts sold. Be good if it comes off, I think he would fit in well and would like the area, but if it doesnt we move on to our next target and good luck to him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Not quite sure how that relates to my post ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There’s going to be a lot of humble pie and eating of words available on this thread at some point shortly.

You have a history of being ITK so I’ll believe you!

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I wouldn’t. I was commenting on the scenario that if the player and his agent’s sole intention was just purely financial. That doesn’t necessarily mean the best deal. He could be signed by a really shit club because they pay top dollar, hate the place and the club and his footballing future could go down the tube because of that.

Anyway, all of this is supposition until we hear the final outcome.

Sounds a bit like David Stockdale.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Do we really want this guy that much? He's had one decent season in the Dutch league, and that league has shown us that it can really flatter to deceive.

Whilst I share the concerns re the Dutch league the highlight reel I saw this morning shows a player with a superb delivery and can spot a killer through pass. If we are going to get the best from Locadia and Andone we need players that can create

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I’d like to see us pull out of this deal. If it’s that hard to decide if you want to play for us then you don’t want to play for us.

I’d rather have players that want to be here over players that sell shirts in different continents but wish they had gone to Leicester instead.

Why ?

Your in a battle for a top player and you just want to walk away from the fight. Adopt that attitude in matches this season and relegation is assured.

You fight for years to get to this situation you need to be ready to battle on the pitch and off the pitch. If you eventually lose you want to at least be able to say we fought as hard as we could but our best just wasn't good enough.

Our ''Bucks'' are just as good as Leicester's ''Bucks'' - Stick in their and fight for him if we really want him. If our best isn't good enough then so be it but don't give up at the first sign of trouble.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Whilst I share the concerns re the Dutch league the highlight reel I saw this morning shows a player with a superb delivery and can spot a killer through pass. If we are going to get the best from Locadia and Andone we need players that can create

Good point.

He also knows where the back of the net is. Many of his hits are ‘goals’ no matter what league they’re scored in.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Come on everybody, isn’t this what we wanted?

In the Prem , linked with big money moves , the twist and turns , the excitement , the disappointment , the false rumours .....or are they ?....

Lap it up and enjoy the ride I say .

What will be will be . Nothing we can do about it.

It’s better than being in L2 without a pot to piss in of watching deadline day with tumbleweed blowing through Lancing .

Hitting F5 all day won’t make it happen any quicker .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can relax and enjoy all this, due to the early signings of Andone, Bernardo, Bissouma and Balogun.

Great work by the club, lessons learnt from our debut PL transfer window.

This signing would be the icing on the blue and white cake.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No nor am i lol.
Just saying if this comes off i think it would be good for the team and the club as a whole. All the extra press the club would get, he's clearly very popular.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Agree - we're building a bit of a global fan base with some of these signings.......almost looks deliberate. Bet Barber would LOVE to sign Indian and a Chinese players...think of the shirt sales with those populations :)

albionite

May 20, 2009
A lot of people have got their knickers in a twist this morning because seagullwedgee says he knows facts.

He knows **** all that’s not how Brighton operate he has taken a stab in the dark.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why ?

Your in a battle for a top player and you just want to walk away from the fight. Adopt that attitude in matches this season and relegation is assured.

You fight for years to get to this situation you need to be ready to battle on the pitch and off the pitch. If you eventually lose you want to at least be able to say we fought as hard as we could but our best just wasn't good enough.

Our ''Bucks'' are just as good as Leicester's ''Bucks'' - Stick in their and fight for him if we really want him. If our best isn't good enough then so be it but don't give up at the first sign of trouble.

Whilst I agree with about 90% with what you say, if a player and his agent choose to renage on a done deal just before it is signed because another club then ups their offer to scupper the deal, then I do think we should walk away. Not suggesting that this has happened, but if it did, walking away would be the right move imo. I know it’s football but going back on your word is not a good trait in any form. Well imo anyway.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I still find it utterly bizarre how so many people can make assumptions about this deal and the guy's character based on absolutely no knowledge of the negotiations and what is actually happening. Surely if he was money motivated he would have made the move three years ago as I'm sure he would have earnt more money here even then. He ultimately made the correct decision for his career then and I'm sure he will again now. And as NooBHA says, the stage we're at now there is always going to competition for players, if we back out at the first sign of tough negotiations then we may as well give up on ever improving our squad. Some need to stop being so precious.

I think he looks absolute quality and will be delighted if we do sign him. And if our recruitment department think he's that good and would fit in to our squad after three years of tracking, to be honest that should be enough for all of us based on their fantastic track record.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There’s going to be a lot of humble pie and eating of words available on this thread at some point shortly.

You do have a history of being correct as well.....

Re the Dunk thing......

Oh well, just have to see what he’s like....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why ?

*cough* Brexiteer??? *cough*

I'm with you all the way. 'You can change this' is a great motto in life. Beats 'Its my ball and I'm going home, er, OK its your ball but I'm going home anyway' any day.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I still find it utterly bizarre how so many people can make assumptions about this deal and the guy's character based on absolutely no knowledge of the negotiations and what is actually happening. Surely if he was money motivated he would have made the move three years ago as I'm sure he would have earnt more money here even then. He ultimately made the correct decision for his career then and I'm sure he will again now. And as NooBHA says, the stage we're at now there is always going to competition for players, if we back out at the first sign of tough negotiations then we may as well give up on ever improving our squad. Some need to stop being so precious.

I think he looks absolute quality and will be delighted if we do sign him. And if our recruitment department think he's that good and would fit in to our squad after three years of tracking, to be honest that should be enough for all of us based on their fantastic track record.

If people didn’t make assumptions and have different opinions this would be one dull forum though :smile:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Whilst I agree with about 90% with what you say, if a player and his agent choose to renage on a done deal just before it is signed because another club then ups their offer to scupper the deal, then I do think we should walk away. Not suggesting that this has happened, but if it did, walking away would be the right move imo. I know it’s football but going back on your word is not a good trait in any form. Well imo anyway.

2 years ago Dale Stephens wanted to play for Burnley instead of Brighton. We battled that one and won and Dale has been brilliant for us since then. It's the same principle but different circumstances. W won that one we lost the one with Pritchard but if you don't fight you will lose them all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here