Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Photoshopped / Digitally altered PCN to fraudulently obtain funds by A Borough of London

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In this matter there are two kinds of people those that get it straight away and understand the enormity of it and those that dont simple as that
:lol:
no he dosn't seriously believe he is the first person they are trying it on, because on average there is a pcn notice issued in London every 2.5 seconds thats 24,000 a week, where he is in the minority is he has idesputable evidence that its not his car, on that subject its not where you were at the time, you could have a cast iron alibi,its where your car was at the time
So you don't think someone has a clone of your numberplate, you actually think the council have taken a picture of a car that's the same model as yours, and then they've decided to ignore the number plate that was on the car, and instead pull your plate from a database, and photoshop it on :eek:

You're at risk of making yourself look a bit stupid here.
Too late.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes PCN drops through your door 60 quid please, pay in 14 days reduced to 30 quid or appeal, but in this case idesputable evidence was provide that it wasnt his car,(lucky boy) and also the accusation that the said council had digitly altered the the number plate
Stupid boy more like. You had a story big enough to bring down the government, but instead of getting all the evidence you needed, you tipped the council off that you had proof it wasn't you, so they dropped the case.

from that point on NO comunication from the council what so ever
Well of course not. They're aware it wasn't your car, it was a cloned plate, so they've dropped the case. If it was my council I wouldn't want them wasting my council tax responding to a loony.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
While it's possible that the Council are engaged in wholesale fraud, utilising obviously enhanced/manipulated images to generate income
it's also possible that someone has cloned his number plate and the Council have captured and enhanced an image of a number plate that was on a similar car on the day in question.
Bingo.
Why are you so sure that the Council are engaged in wholesale fraud?
Because he's an idiot.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
So you don't think someone has a clone of your numberplate, you actually think the council have taken a picture of a car that's the same model as yours, and then they've decided to ignore the number plate that was on the car, and instead pull your plate from a database, and photoshop it on :eek:

Too late.

I am probably missing something, but the registration HN15 ANV isn't recognised by the DVLA. HN15 ASV however is (which is what the video still looks like it could be) and is supposedly a blue Hyundai. Confused.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Maybe a cloned plate AND edited/enhanced (for clarity) image?

Without wanting to know private details, you've identified vehicle differences, but is it the same model and colour? It was easy to prove when my Micra plates were photographed on a Range Rover!

Its the same colour but the one in photos is an earlier model,He has cctv evedence that his car was in his works carpark all that day and unlikely a cloned plate because when he reported this to the met police they confirmed that that number plate was not picked up on any ANPR camaras in London that day,Have you been to London lately i was up there the other day its incredable how many ANPR camaras there are

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Ah yes, but we're not at that stage yet. They have simply provided the defendant with an image, and they haven't said how that image was created. I said it may have been created by software and you replied that they aren't allowed to do that, but they are. They just wouldn't present it like that if it went to court.

It seems incredibly unlikely that the OP's opinion is correct.

If they are doing it to try and persuade the OP to part with money, then, in my opinion, that's an offence under the 1981 forgery act, sections 1 and 3:

"1 The offence of forgery.
A person is guilty of forgery if he makes a false instrument, with the intention that he or another shall use it to induce somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice."

"3 The offence of using a false instrument.
It is an offence for a person to use an instrument which is, and which he knows or believes to be, false, with the intention of inducing somebody to accept it as genuine, and by reason of so accepting it to do or not to do some act to his own or any other person’s prejudice."

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/45

I have my doubts that a council would be so stupid as pretty much everything they do is given the once over by thier lawyers. I wouldn't be surprised if a private parking company did it though, half of them are thick as shit (the cleverer half).

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I too am surprised the met are getting involved in this. ANPR cameras are everywhere but they don’t tend to bother for such trivial matters as parking fines. I don’t know enough about he Mets working practices but I know the vast majority of forces in the country would tell you to contact action fraud and close the incident there and then.

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Stupid boy more like. You had a story big enough to bring down the government, but instead of getting all the evidence you needed, you tipped the council off that you had proof it wasn't you, so they dropped the case.

Well of course not. They're aware it wasn't your car, it was a cloned plate, so they've dropped the case. If it was my council I wouldn't want them wasting my council tax responding to a loony.

OK well hes not a looney for one and two for your information he has been contacted this morning by someone who runs a very well known national website who also is not a looney who is taking up his case ... and on that persons advice this post will be taken down ASAP
some people get it straight away some are a little slow

Last edited:

mickybha

Jan 2, 2010
Attention Admin Could a member of the admin team please remove this thread for legal reasons

Last edited:

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Maybe I've misunderstood, but you've got the fine cancelled, so why waste your time pursuing it? Life's too short to worry about issues like this when (to my way of thinking at least) someone has clearly made a mistake or tried to cover one up. Move on...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Attention Admin Could a member of of admin team please remove this post for legal reasons

I don't understand why you started this thread and in less than 24hours want it deleting ?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I wonder if the OP has suggested that his son tells the owner of the very well known national website that the number plate does not exist - at least according to DVLA?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maybe I've misunderstood, but you've got the fine cancelled, so why waste your time pursuing it? Life's too short to worry about issues like this when (to my way of thinking at least) someone has clearly made a mistake or tried to cover one up. Move on...

big picture pal , big picture........i personally would be going to the press with this but i don't know what correspondence the op has received from the relevant toss pots.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If this thread is taken down, you'll at least tell us the eventual outcome?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here