Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nothing to do with having played for us previously but the fact that he is better than we have and proven at Premier Level.

He is not better than Murray who probably has more goals per minute than Ulloa in the Premier League. Ulloa has not figured for Leicester regularly for a couple of years and he threw his toys out of the pram last season. No no no from me we need to do much better than replicating what we already have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is not better than Murray who probably has more goals per minute than Ulloa in the Premier League. Ulloa has not figured for Leicester regularly for a couple of years and he threw his toys out of the pram last season. No no no from me we need to do much better than replicating what we already have.

If only Aguero once played for the Albion, at least then The No Imagination Crew members wouldn't look quite so stooooopid now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Moreover, Ulloa definitely does NOT offer the pace up front that virtually everyone from the club, fans and pundits are agreed that we need.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moreover, Ulloa definitely does NOT offer the pace up front that virtually everyone from the club, fans and pundits are agreed that we need.

All except one man and he stands alone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How does that person envisage the Albion scoring approx. 45 goals to stay up? Just asking.

You ask him, I'm never disappearing down that rabbit hole of insanity, ever again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I know this has been mentioned many times but watching GM against Everton yesterday and the play of TH this season so far plus the fact that he still is not in the Leicester squad would it not seem a logical move if all other options fail to try to bring him back in January.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I know this has been mentioned many times but watching GM against Everton yesterday and the play of TH this season so far plus the fact that he still is not in the Leicester squad would it not seem a logical move if all other options fail to try to bring him back in January.

:moo:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
if all other options fail

I'm pretty sure we'll see Andone here very early January as the player, agent and clubs were all happy with the deal until Deportivo's move for Carrillo fell through due to injury.
Carrillo is now fit and playing although AS Monaco have effectively replaced him with Jotevic. So that's one in.

I suspect Khouma Babacar (who's Florence loving wife scuppered the move here.......i guess?) will still be on the radar for the fast mobile unit up front 'role' but he is well down the pecking order at Fiorentina having not started any of thier first 8 games; would we still want him?

If Ulloa is not good enough for Leicester, I'm not so sure that he is good enough for a team four places above them (although I love the man).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm pretty sure we'll see Andone here very early January as the player, agent and clubs were all happy with the deal until Deportivo's move for Carrillo fell through due to injury.
Carrillo is now fit and playing although AS Monaco have effectively replaced him with Jotevic. So that's one in.

I suspect Khouma Babacar (who's Florence loving wife scuppered the move here.......i guess?) will still be on the radar for the fast mobile unit up front 'role' but he is well down the pecking order at Fiorentina having not started any of thier first 8 games; would we still want him?

If Ulloa is not good enough for Leicester, I'm not so sure that he is good enough for a team four places above them (although I love the man).

Isnt that a question for the manager to decide based on how we play and our formation. My point is if the purchase you are talking about falls through wouldnt it be prudent to go after Ulloa at the 11th hour as he is better than what we have at the moment IMHO..

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
In my eyes Ulloa was heavily over-rated for us. We got very lucky in getting the money we did for him. If it wasn't for that hat-trick he got against Leicester, then I doubt they'd have signed him. He was rolling around on the floor, moaning at the ref quite a bit near the end of his time with us. I'm not surprised one bit that he doesn't get near the Leicester starting 11 and I honestly doubt he'd get into our starting 11 now.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Isnt that a question for the manager to decide based on how we play and our formation. My point is if the purchase you are talking about falls through wouldnt it be prudent to go after Ulloa at the 11th hour as he is better than what we have at the moment IMHO..

Surely there's better forwards out there for us?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In my eyes Ulloa was heavily over-rated for us. He was rolling around on the floor, moaning at the ref quite a bit near the end of his time with us. I'm not surprised one bit that he doesn't get near the Leicester starting 11 and I honestly doubt he'd get into our starting 11 now.

Nailed it. From WSU at the time, we were frustrated with his constant falling to the ground at the slightest of touches and whinging to refs. You can see why LCFC rarely trusted him to lead the line for 90 minutes.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Would he not be an improvement on what we have at the moment, with everybody slating GM after yesterdays match.

I think he would be an improvement, however, I heard it did not happen in the summer due to his wages at Leicester being considerably higher than we were willing to pay, that is unlikely to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here