Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club letter to the Bournemouth Harvesters...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn't apply to me, but if I got a letter I'd write back and say "Well you count the attendance as tickets sold, so therefore I DID go"

It's supposedly a Premier League RULE to quote tickets sold rather than bums on seat. Although I can't find reference to it....

Last edited:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
The club needs to allow people to give their ticket away for free. Maybe even set up a website for it! Hah. Then people could buy the ticket to get the loyalty points and pass their ticket on to a real fan who could actually use it and attend a match for free.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
This. Club can't have it both ways.

You're going to have to explain to me how the club are 'having it both ways'.

How is the method we use to record our attendances at home (incidentally the same method almost every other club uses) relevant to encouraging and monitoring the actual turnout of our away support?

Moreover, are the irked haribo cup points harvesters going to feel better if, having received their letter, the club announce that it will henceforth announce bums on seats rather than tickets sold at the Amex?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I saw this in PB's latest statement, is this a new policy?:

“We also understand that there will be times when supporters genuinely can’t get to a game having purchased tickets to do so. In such circumstances, provided supporters can return tickets to us at least 72 hours prior to a game, have a legitimate and unavoidable reason for doing so, and we can sell the ticket to another Albion supporter in time, we will always do our best to refund fans."

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Go on - how is that (a) truthful and (b) relevant?

Just seems to spend more time smacking fans hands then concentrating on important issues this has been done to death there is no easy way or fair way this was the agreed way now get on with it the only people that r whinging are the jcl’s **** em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

“We also understand that there will be times when supporters genuinely can’t get to a game having purchased tickets to do so. In such circumstances, provided supporters can return tickets to us at least 72 hours prior to a game, have a legitimate and unavoidable reason for doing so, and we can sell the ticket to another Albion supporter in time, we will always do our best to refund fans."

Yeah, that's WAY easier than selling to a trusted mate........

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The club needs to allow people to give their ticket away for free. Maybe even set up a website for it! Hah. Then people could buy the ticket to get the loyalty points and pass their ticket on to a real fan who could actually use it and attend a match for free.

(Or you could do it without telling the club?! - you know... maybe... if you wanted)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

72 hours, that`s three full days!!!!!....If you are ill three days before guess most would assume to be better and able to go!!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Without a doubt the loyalty points were abused at Bournemouth but surely weren't the fans that abused the system
Fans with enough points to abuse the system I.e. Fans that had earned enough points by watching the Albion previously.probably in less successful times to allow them the ability to abuse the system.The points needed per game is calculated so that the most loyal fans get first dibs
& then it is reduced as seems necessary.How many of the fans that complained about the so called abuse would have complained if (a) we were not in EPL or (b) no loyalty points available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here