Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So they can come into my home to check if I ate my eggs? Is that not private information?

Of course not.

But any vendor can choose not to sell to anyone at any time for any reason.

(I do, however, think it would be very interesting if someone pursued Bournemouth for releasing this data to the Albion)

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Beware, Big Brother Barber is watching you. Welcome to 1984, 33 years late.

We only have ourselves to blame. I'm quite sure Barber would be rather doing a million other things than having to organise all this. Regardless of whether there are flaws in the system, it's the fans' fault for taking advantage.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
He's been to every game home and away so far this season and now can't make Sunday, it's much easier to give it to the one mate in the group that didn't manage to get a ticket then chuck it into a lottery

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The whole point is that you've been warned that is now banned and if you get caught then you can't moan at the consequences

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unless, of course, it can be proved that you are discriminating against the purchaser for one reason or another.

I think you'll find anti-discriminatory legislation won't be much good to you here. Good luck trying it though.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I can't help but feel the club have pushed themselves in to a corner over ticketing and loyalty schemes this year. At some point, they have to start having some respect for people that pay money consistently for their products.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Pity club didn’t put this much effort into getting a striker in .... so what happens to genuine fans for whatever reason don’t make it to games sickness etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If only having a board meeting can get a striker to pass a medical, or prevent another team mate from injury. Life would be so simple, wouldn't it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
If that is the end of it and we can just get on with it now then that's fine but if this keeps rumbling on then something isn't right.

If the scheme isn't working how the club intended then they have to take some responsibility for that.

I'm still really surprised they have offfered 15 points for Swansea. A game where demand could have been low and second and third tier people would have had a shot has now been made more attractive. I still think the points should be the same regardless of the game.

One other point are they really going to check the attendance data at every game? If they are I would be interested to know how accurate this is going to be. At Bournemouth (for the league game) the chap in front of me couldn't get his ticket to scan, so the steward just let him through. My ticket took ten attempts before finally scanning.

I'd also add my wife had to pick her ticket up at the ground for the Bournemouth league game. It took forever because and I quote "Brighton have sent the wrong collection list". They need to be very certain that the data is right to start doing this. Given it is not their data how they can be certain?

Take a selfie at each away game as I'm pretty certain this will be a can of worms if enforced.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I can't help but feel the club have pushed themselves in to a corner over ticketing and loyalty schemes this year. At some point, they have to start having some respect for people that pay money consistently for their products.

Fans should show respect to other fans by not cheating them out of tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so iam going to get tarred with the same brush because i was ill that day and did not go

Ill? What are the chances, eh?

Luckily for you, there'll only be around 500 people claiming to have fallen ill that day.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
so iam going to get tarred with the same brush because i was ill that day and did not go

Email the club and explain that. I missed the Forest game last year because I was taken ill in the morning, when the match was on a Monday night.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
In taking these measures they have effectively punished everyone. We've all bought a ticket to a game with every intention of going, then at the eleventh hour something comes up. Work, family bereavement, illness. We're now expected to plan for this and ensure the club are notified before the fixture and that the ticket is also returned. In the clubs own words failure to do so could result in further punishment such as a loyalty points reduction or a ban on purchasing away tickets.

Incredibly impulsive by the club and I think they are trying to resolve a problem that isn't really there. Previous threads have established that the circumstances surrounding Bournemouth were unique.£10 a ticket and 10 loyalty points in a season when everyone is clambering for a ticket was always going to result in no shows snapping them up. Seemingly everyone but the club saw it coming.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Well they did have 3.5 months from when we were promoted but u keep believing the crap they keep dishing out

I prefer to beilieve the club than read your constant moaning about them.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
We only have ourselves to blame. I'm quite sure Barber would be rather doing a million other things than having to organise all this. Regardless of whether there are flaws in the system, it's the fans' fault for taking advantage.

This is an utterly ludicrous post. Barber's mismanagement of tickets and the loyalty system has created the situation. That his fix is to try and hard ball loyal, paying customers (and let's be clear, you have to have been loyal for a long time to have enough points to get away tickets this year) really is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

What he should spend his time doing, seeing as its his job and all, is create a system which is fair and allows ALL season ticket holders to get first dibs on all away games, and then sell the remaining tickets afterwards. Unfortunately he's created a totally convoluted system that demands that loyal, paying customers take advantage in order to get to the games they really want to get to.

And the worst thing about it is that by creating such a stupid system, he's stopped other loyal, paying fans that could have gone to such games from actually going. So no, you silly silly person, the buck doesn't stop with fans, it stops with him.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
In taking these measures they have effectively punished everyone. We've all bought a ticket to a game with every intention of going, then at the eleventh hour something comes up. Work, family bereavement, illness. We're now expected to plan for this and ensure the club are notified before the fixture and that the ticket is also returned. In the clubs own words failure to do so could result in further punishment such as a loyalty points reduction or a ban on purchasing away tickets.

Incredibly impulsive by the club and I think they are trying to resolve a problem that isn't really there. Previous threads have established that the circumstances surrounding Bournemouth were unique.£10 a ticket and 10 loyalty points in a season when everyone is clambering for a ticket was always going to result in no shows snapping them up. Seemingly everyone but the club saw it coming.

when tickets are in such demand what else can they do to ensure fair play when it's been shown that there are hundreds of 'supporters' who are prepared to flout the rules to make sure they get what they want and f**k anyone else who wants to go

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here