Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Rosenior in the Grauniad: NFL kneeling protest

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The way that you mimic word for word the kind of crap that idiots like PJW come out with, it wouldn't surprise me if you were actually some kind of copy & paste bot. But then again, that could be said about literally anyone from the alt-right.

Mimic.:lol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Socrates, the late Brazilian player, was a doctor.

Doubt he was that thick.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fact free tripe, instead of shilling for the Grauniad why not look at the figures for police brutality?

Not saying the US doesn't have problems but this isn't one of them.

But its worse than that, taking a knee is equivelent of burning your own neighbourhood down in a riot. american Patriotism, that looks OTT from here has always been a method to bind people together REGARDLESS of race etc, by unpicking this they risk escalating racial conflict.

Wrong way to protest over the wrong issues by the wrong people to do it. crap journalism.

One - it's an opinion piece, not a news story. So it's YOU are wrong for making out that this is.

'Taking A Knee' isn't anything to do with American patriotism. Trump has tried to make it that, and you've fallen for it. Again.

Wrong way to post over the wrong issues by the wrong person to do it. Crap post.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can't argue with that - take note messrs Rooney and stokes.

Rooney is obviously thick as sh*t but if you listen to Stokes he clearly isn't which makes his latest debacle even worse.

Oh and I played squash against Steve Coppell one evening back in the late 1970's when I was a cocky rugby playing teenage yoof and thought I was God's Gift.

He was waiting for his partner to turn up (was rehabbing a knee injury) and I had been doing a bit of solo practise while waiting for my opponent.

We had a couple of games & he thrashed me without breaking sweat, seem to remember running into the walls a lot.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Which legendary team of the '70's had a Bachelor of Science and an economics and politics graduate in their side?

65.magdalene.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Liverpool

Steve Heighway had the economics degree.

Brian Hall also had a degree.

What's happened to graduate footballers? Off the top of my head, I can think of Heighway, Hall. Coppell, Galvin, Neale and Gowling - all played in the 70s and had degrees (Alan Gowling had a masters as well) . You hardly hear of graduate footballers these days: is that because it's now so common, it's not worth mentioning or because there are so few? I genuinely don't know

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Brian Hall also had a degree.

What's happened to graduate footballers? Off the top of my head, I can think of Heighway, Hall. Coppell, Galvin, Neale and Gowling - all played in the 70s and had degrees (Alan Gowling had a masters as well) . You hardly hear of graduate footballers these days: is that because it's now so common, it's not worth mentioning or because there are so few? I genuinely don't know

They are still about:-

6 football players with Master’s Degrees

The Premier League's Brainiest XI - the top-flight footballers with amazing academic abilities

From an Albion perspective, Steve Palmer had a degree from Cambridge University and Peter Suddaby gained a BSC (Hons) in Mathematics at the University of Swansea. Paul Fuschillo also had an economics degree.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm guessing, that getting LR in at the Albion, CH has surrounded himself with people whom he can trust and have a bit of nous about them.

Maybe, but we do seem to have been blessed in the last decade or so with some pretty special players. Calde and Bruno, I'm looking at you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Fact free tripe, instead of shilling for the Grauniad why not look at the figures for police brutality?
'
Not saying the US doesn't have problems but this isn't one of them.

But its worse than that, taking a knee is equivelent of burning your own neighbourhood down in a riot. american Patriotism, that looks OTT from here has always been a method to bind people together REGARDLESS of race etc, by unpicking this they risk escalating racial conflict.

Wrong way to protest over the wrong issues by the wrong people to do it. crap journalism.

Almost on principle I have ne'er put anyone on ignore on here. You're the closest anyone has ever got.

But much of what you write is so predictable it's laughable and quite entertaining, which probably isn't the intended reaction. Keep up the good work.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He did read the guardian but apparently was quite a clever bloke.

I can remember reading something by Le Saux where he said all his team-mates thought he was gay because he read the Guardian and collected antiques.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here