Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Other than the obvious problem of a lack of fire power, where can we improve?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I'm sure the club do employ one or have a consultant one but I'd maybe be thinking about how we can use a sports psychologist to help with concentration and closing out games.

Hughton said last season that at 1-0 or 2-1 up in games he saw the players retreat and preserve what we have in games and that it won't be under his instruction unless he makes an obvious tactical change like adding a midfielder at the expense of an attacker. For me that's what happened yesterday and we invited the pressure and left Defoe unmarked and that was the reason for the loss.

Small margins, as we knew they would be.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What's frustrating is that when other teams have poor spells in a game we're not able to move up a gear and exploit things. I'm all for a cautious approach to life but clearly when clubs like Watford and Bmouth are having bad spells, we really need to take advantage or really, what's the point? We let other teams back into matches far far too easily.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I envisaged a left-sided defensive midfielder allowing Dale Stephens to go forward. Thomas Delaney fitted the bill (on paper). Davy Pröpper will just have to do.

I think we have technically good enough players, just possibly not quick enough. It they were quicker I think they might be ahead of our budget.

You literally just pick words out of a hat and string them together, don't you?

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Newcastle and hudderfield are playing like a championship clubs.

Pundits at Sky said Newcastle after their 2nd game they need to step it up from championship football.
Did they think they be 4th and 5th now?
Brighton v west brom reminded me of how Brighton beat teams in the championship.

Both Newcastle and hudderfield are playing same as they were last season, no new tactics or strategy and they are doing just fine arnt they ⚽

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Newcastle and hudderfield are playing like a championship clubs.

Pundits at Sky said Newcastle after their 2nd game they need to step it up from championship football.
Did they think they be 4th and 5th now?
Brighton v west brom reminded me of how Brighton beat teams in the championship.

Both Newcastle and hudderfield are playing same as they were last season, no new tactics or strategy and they are doing just fine arnt they ⚽

Huddersfield have had a bit of a gentler start to the league, 3 home games v Newcastle, Southampton and Leicester, and 2 aways at Palace and West Ham. We've had 2 home games, one of which against Man City who just smashed Watford for 6. West Ham gave them a right going over on Monday. Bit early to be suggesting they're doing just fine to be honest.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
There are some reasons to be cautiously optimistic over the next month or so, we haven't been smashed by anyone yet losing 2-0, 2-0 & 2-1 and our defence looks generally solid, we have Baldock, Brown and Izquierdo to come into the first team adding some much needed pace and additional goal scoring threat and creativity, Schelotto also has pace apparently so this might add another dimension to our forward play. Overall after 5 games I can't say I'm too disappointed as it was always going to be a baptism of fire and CH will be starting to figure out who can cut it and who can't. Lots of games to go and regardless at least we aren't that shower from Croydon.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We could score from set pieces. We look very threatening and have been unlucky. All our goals have been from open play (which is very encouraging). With Dunk and Duffy up for corners its only a matter of time before they start to chip in a few goals. Any free kicks around the box we've got the quality to score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I LOVE our players. But those with pace don't have the confidence to really go for it. They tend to play a safe game, they will turn and pass it backwards. So coach it out of them. We've certainly got the raw material.

Yeah =as i posted during the live match ( i was screaming at the telly) with 2 mins (+ stoppage time to go) and attacking their 10 yard line we insanely started passing the ball backwards to our own box..At this rate we could set the record for going down with scoring the fewest goals but also conceding the fewest goals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here