Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby away Player ratings

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nobody rating the subs, not a good sign. Usually running around aimlessly for 20 minutes get a 7/8 rating.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I shan't do the score out of ten thing. The team put in a good all round solid performance and there is much to be hopeful for this season.

Two stand outs for me were, firstly, Bong's crossing was poor and must improve.

The second was a particular incident involving Knockeart. Deep into the 2nd half Skalak had pushed forward on the left and lost the ball. He, like most of the players, was dead on his feet by this time (summer had arrived in Derby yesterday! It was hot) and Derby broke quickly. Knockeart, seeing others were struggling to track back, raced from the opposition box diagonally across the length of the pitch to support Bong on the left side in defence. Together they broke down the play and won the ball back. To me, this demonstrated the strong collective ethic and camaraderie in the team and that Knockeart does not subscribe to this 'ooo, me head's been turned by another club' nonsense that the dullards Bridcutt and Buckley exhibited before ****ing off to fail at Sunderland.

Oh, and finally, I read on the Derby board that Moyes was there looking at two players. One apparently was Hughes - so that was an afternoon in Derby well spent - and so, let the speculation on the other player begin ....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Nobody rating the subs, not a good sign. Usually running around aimlessly for 20 minutes get a 7/8 rating.

Didn't really have much impact to be honest and none of them had that long on the pitch so hard to rate. Probably would give Baldock and Murphy a 6 as they didn't do anything wrong and LuaLua wasn't on long enough.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I shan't do the score out of ten thing. The team put in a good all round solid performance and there is much to be hopeful for this season.

Two stand outs for me were, firstly, Bong's crossing was poor and must improve.

The second was a particular incident involving Knockeart. Deep into the 2nd half Skalak had pushed forward on the left and lost the ball. He, like most of the players, was dead on his feet by this time (summer had arrived in Derby yesterday! It was hot) and Derby broke quickly. Knockeart, seeing others were struggling to track back, raced from the opposition box diagonally across the length of the pitch to support Bong on the left side in defence. Together they broke down the play and won the ball back. To me, this demonstrated the strong collective ethic and camaraderie in the team and that Knockeart does not subscribe to this 'ooo, me head's been turned by another club' nonsense that the dullards Bridcutt and Buckley exhibited before ****ing off to fail at Sunderland.

Oh, and finally, I read on the Derby board that Moyes was there looking at two players. One apparently was Hughes - so that was an afternoon in Derby well spent - and so, let the speculation on the other player begin ....

Agree re Knockaert incident. I mentioned it in another thread. Very encouraging especially as it didn't really work for him yesterday.

Re Moyes, I don't think it is Dunk as they just signed a centre back from Chelsea so maybe Knockaert or Kayal possibly if it's one of our players.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re Moyes a lot of possibilities Hughes, Tom Ince even possibly Bent to link up with Defoe. Wouldnt think it is AK or LD as he is reported to be after Januzaj and McNair of united.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think that is probably true but he played well for the last 75 minutes yesterday having struggled early on. Hopefully a sign that he's getting back to his best.
Bong also put in a very good cross which Murray nearly scored from. I think Bong is being a little harshly judged.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I absolutely love Kayal but rating him higher than Sidwell in that game is hugely biased.

GM was also a goal away from a 9-10 rating so sticking him under a 7-8 is also strange

Dunk was absolutely brilliant again.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I absolutely love Kayal but rating him higher than Sidwell in that game is hugely biased.

GM was also a goal away from a 9-10 rating so sticking him under a 7-8 is also strange

Dunk was absolutely brilliant again.

Agree with all of this. Thought Dunk was man of the match. Superb match. As you say Murray was a 7 or 8 and played very well and Sidwell was better than Kayal, who didn't have his best game but was okay.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Stockdale 8
Roseinor 7
Bruno 7.5
Dunk 8
Bong 7
Knockaert 7
Sidwell 8
Kayal 7
Skalak 7
Hemed 6.5
Murray 7

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
We played majority of the game with a 3-5-2 formation against Derby's 4-5-1 today. Rosenior was more of a midfielder than full-back today. Think everyone played fairly well.

Stockdale - 8
Bruno - 7
Dunk - 7
Bong - 7.5
Knockaert - 7
Rosenior - 7
Kayal - 8
Sidwell - 8
Skalak - 7
Murray - 7
Hemed - 6.5

That's how I saw it too. Plus a 9/10 for Hughton in motivating the team. No hint of a hangover from last season, everyone looked up for it. A very encouraging performance. No one had a poor game. Maybe Hemed was a bit quiet. Great to think that we had Norwood unused on the bench, plus Stephens, Goldson, the BFG and eventually March to return. The only concern is the lack of pace when Murray and Hemed are together. Wasn't sure what to expect of Murray but he looked a real handful for Derby.

I can understand those Derby fans feeling miffed. Apart from the first 10 and last 5 mins they were pegged back too easily, by arguably a makeshift spine to the Albion line up.There seemed to be too many Derby players whose heads were still on the beach. We often looked half a yard sharper than them across the pitch. Pity we didn't get that elusive goal.

Overheard a telling comment from a Derby fan: 'the Rams worked bloody hard across the pitch - only to try and contain Brighton, but weren't good enough...':thumbsup:

How many games have we seen Tom Ince play in recent seasons where he looks dangerous for 10 minutes, then drifts out of the game. Looks like he suddenly realises: 'WTF I am doing at Derby when I should be at PSG, Barca or Madrid....' Plus I quite enjoyed seeing the ineffectual (and very expensive) Bradley Johnson being subbed too. There is something fundamentally wrong around that Derby squad, too many Billy big bollocks / champagne Charlies perhaps? Hughes looked decent - surely a PL club will be in for him? They will struggle if he goes.

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
Stockers - 8 (kicking was a bit awry though)
Rosenior - 7
Bong - 6 (better offensively than defensively)
Bruno - 7
Dunk - 8
Kayal - 7.5
Sidwell - 8 (just shades mom for me)
Skalak - 7
Knockaert - 7.5
Murray - 8
Hemed - 6.5

Baldock - 4 (worst moment was when he fell over and stayed down looking for a free kick leaving Derby to break dangerously)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Stockdale 8
Roseinor 7
Bruno 7.5
Dunk 8
Bong 7
Knockaert 7
Sidwell 8
Kayal 9