Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] UK Independence Day 28/29 March 2018

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
My glib answer would be that maybe the 67% thought that by staying in, it would give another £350m a week to the NHS.

My main point though is that by trying to dupe the people of this country, the establishment will always be found out.

So are you saying remainers were establishment and leavers were not?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
So just where do you think the EU got that money from? Are you seriously unable to understand the concept of 'net contributor'?

Besides, that infrastructure is all nicely in place - do you feel a need to pay for it twice?

EU development funds are targeted programmes to help the most deprived areas across the whole of the EU. This is important when in the UK funding is concentrated in large cities. We are a net contributor but being an EU member state has been massive fiscal boost to the UK.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quick question...all these projects in the uk that are funded by EU and grants, subsidies etc...will,the government pick these up and continue paying to the farmers etc or will that all stop and they will joint the queue with everyone else at this time of shrinking budgets?

We don't know what the effect of leaving the EU will be but one thing I can answer is the question of subsidies. The government has guaranteed to pay farmers pound for pound what they received from the EU ... but only until 2022 and the next election.

After that, it's anyone's guess. Michael Gove says subsidies will have to be earned and given to farmers who protect the environment. The indications are that large owners will lose out and smaller farmers would benefit. If Labour wins: who knows? But I can't see Corbyn splashing out on wealthy landowners either.

I should add that I'm delighted with Gove's stance.The inefficiency of the CAP was probably the biggest single reason that I voted to leave the EU and we can completely reshape rural policy in this country.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
When is this thread going to take it's rightful place, merged into the Brexit thread?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Indubitably, until that decision is overturned by a new decision like the 1975 referendum was overturned by the 2015 one.

...or until the whole discussion becomes totally irrelevant, when history takes its natural course and the EU crashes and burns, as it inevitably will. It beggars belief that people are not considering this likelihood but then maybe they are not studying history or watching political movement in Europe. Hell bent on expansionism, they are creating a monster that will gradually eat itself from within.
Without Britain it is weakened. Without Germany, it is finished. Watch this space.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Quick question...all these projects in the uk that are funded by EU and grants, subsidies etc...will,the government pick these up and continue paying to the farmers etc or will that all stop and they will joint the queue with everyone else at this time of shrinking budgets?

Also, I wandered around Aldi in Crawley the other day....most of the products on offer were sourced from Germany. Again when we leave, will the prices in these sort of shops rocket when normal trade tariffs are applied as we will be out of th free trade zone? Applies also to volkskis bmws mercs Peugeot, seat, skodas. Etc

I just love the way some people come on here and spout absolute bolox about something they know sweet sod-all about,and expect everybody else to accept it like Holy Writ.The first Aldi in the UK was opened over 25 years ago just up the road from where I live,and they have always tried to source locally:

aldi.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Ah Yes! Tick tock indeed, it will feel like sleepwalking into the abyss...and finding that money tree has also fallen in.

ECHO.Or are you sleepwalking?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's a great idea.
A day to commemerate the day this country finally goes down the plug hole, thanks to a small majority of blinkered idiots who still believe this is a great country that can survive on its own in the modern world and an army of soon to be dead old folk that do not like Johnny Foreigner and in doing so have stitched up the young people including their own grandchildren who were not allowed to vote for their own future.
I hope Vera Lynn is still alive so that you can all gather together on the white cliffs in your Union Jack shorts flicking V's at the frogs and having a sing song.

D

Deleted member 22389

I just love the way some people come on here and spout absolute bolox about something they know sweet sod-all about,and expect everybody else to accept it like Holy Writ.The first Aldi in the UK was opened over 25 years ago just up the road from where I live,and they have always tried to source locally:

View attachment 91031

What sort of reply can we expect, "Vegetables now rotting in the fields, all the Eastern Europeans have gone home because of the nasty Brexiteers". It's all a load of bollocks.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's a great idea.
A day to commemerate the day this country finally goes down the plug hole, thanks to a small majority of blinkered idiots who still believe this is a great country that can survive on its own in the modern world and an army of soon to be dead old folk that do not like Johnny Foreigner and in doing so have stitched up the young people including their own grandchildren who were not allowed to vote for their own future.
I hope Vera Lynn is still alive so that you can all gather together on the white cliffs in your Union Jack shorts flicking V's at the frogs and having a sing song.

And WHO is blinkered? :ffsparr:

Yes my dad is an immigrant and was not born in the UK. Yes my wife of 22 years wasnt born in the UK or even the EU for that matter. Yes my daugther has got the 'darkest skin' in her class (her words).Yes my mother in law is dark skinned as is my other in-laws, Yes the lad that works for me is mixed race (Kenyan mother and Anglo father). Yes my first wife was French and my eldest daugther is half French and speaks it fluently. Yes my brother is married to an Italian and has been for 25 years.

You confuse "pround Brit" "wanting to rule our own country" and "foreigner haters". On purpose me thinks to support your own (biased) view and refusal to think others viewpoints have merits.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's a great idea.

Complaining about small-minded, insular bigotry while showing your ignorance, prejudice, stereotyping, intolerance, small-minded bigotry ... bravo. :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
SAME 12 OR SO GRIZZLERS making an HEROIC LAST STAND against a democratic vote to leave the EU :rolleyes:,go and take a walk the lot of you :bigwave:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
It's a great idea.
say that a memorial parade tmrw where you live,when are you leaving the country ???
regards
DR

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Will be a good date for historians to mark as the point at which the UK after nearly 300 years or so ceased to be a serious world power.

The UK has not been a serious world power since the end of the 2nd world war- and at a stretch the end of Empire

Joining the EU was a country giving up its status as a world power. Leaving the EU may give this country a chance to be a tiger economy like Hong Kong was, or Japan, which has one of the largest economies in the world whilst being independent and not being part of a 27 nation club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The UK has not been a serious world power since the end of the 2nd world war- and at a stretch the end of Empire

Joining the EU was a country giving up its status as a world power. Leaving the EU may give this country a chance to be a tiger economy like Hong Kong was, or Japan, which has one of the largest economies in the world whilst being independent and not being part of a 27 nation club.

Japan is up to its neck in public debt though...I think it has the highest debt in the world which is quite impressive given its size.....actually....I’m starting to see the similarity.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

View attachment 91031

Thanks mate. I love you too you patronising wanker.

I was in Aldi in Crawley and a lot of the stuff I picked up were manufactured in Germany, at least according to the labels...but as you are such a nowall, perhaps I misread the labels...can you put me right then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here