Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huffing And Puffing

el punal

Thank you Bristol City! This was one game I was dreading, well the result anyway. I needn't have worried. For the last ten weeks or so we have been described as having a slump, or a blip, or feeling the pressure, or our form has dipped etc., etc.

In the meantime Huddersfield have been on fire and they've got us in their sights and we'll choke. So through all of those ten weeks, at no stage (I think!) has the gap between us and Huddersfield ever been less than six points. And, this weekend, was possibly the opportunity for the Terriers to take full advantage. Playing first, against a bottom three club, and us, playing last, away to a playoff contender.

Well the advantage was not taken. Huddersfield lose 4-0, the gap is still six points whatever happens tomorrow. I will now celebrate that with a cup of hot cocoa. Should things go hunky dory at Leeds, maybe something a little stronger! :albion2:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Thank you Bristol City! This was one game I was dreading, well the result anyway. I needn't have worried. For the last ten weeks or so we have been described as having a slump, or a blip, or feeling the pressure, or our form has dipped etc., etc.

In the meantime Huddersfield have been on fire and they've got us in their sights and we'll choke. So through all of those ten weeks, at no stage (I think!) has the gap between us and Huddersfield ever been less than six points. And, this weekend, was possibly the opportunity for the Terriers to take full advantage. Playing first, against a bottom three club, and us, playing last, away to a playoff contender.

Well the advantage was not taken. Huddersfield lose 4-0, the gap is still six points whatever happens tomorrow. I will now celebrate that with a cup of hot cocoa. Should things go hunky dory at Leeds, maybe something a little stronger! :albion2:

I was not totally surprised, Brizzle have been ahead against a few top sides but could not hold on to a lead, tonight they did, oh how they did.
I remember how well Brizzle played against us at the Amex. We still have to play them, we will need to play well.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Yes - I switched my worrying to how Bristol might perform at the Amex and how Blackburn have improved under Mowbray.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Yes - I switched my worrying to how Bristol might perform at the Amex and how Blackburn have improved under Mowbray.

We've clinically dispatched Reading and Derby at home in recent week, and were unlucky against Newcastle. We've also beaten at home Massive, Leeds and Huddersfield. If, on the back of that, you really think we'll stumble at home against these 2, you can't have been to any of those games

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
The table makes great reading today, Huddersfield in 3rd place with a goal dif of 4! That's pretty poor when you think about it. Not sure if they are the force we've all been worried about :)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
The table makes great reading today, Huddersfield in 3rd place with a goal dif of 4! That's pretty poor when you think about it. Not sure if they are the force we've all been worried about :)

They will probably bounce back, but they've got further to bounce and fewer games to do it.......

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fantastic present from Brizzle City... thank you...

Now let's put the Champions of Europe (TM) to the sword, and hammer home our advantage...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As well as beating Hudders (thanks very much!) would also mention that the BC supporters had the good grace to applaud an injured opponent as he was carried off. Unlike some scumbag supporters we've encountered in the past........................................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In the meantime Huddersfield have been on fire and they've got us in their sights and we'll choke. So through all of those ten weeks, at no stage (I think!) has the gap between us and Huddersfield ever been less than six points.
Mid Feb it was down to 1 point. We had a game in hand.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here