Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protein powder sellers in Brighton

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
I need to increase my protein intake without adding too many calories and was advised by one of my offspring to buy a tub of protein powder and knock up a daily shake in place of a meal.

I've seen giant drums in the window of Holland and Barrett but their prices are usually a scandal so I don't even give them a chance anymore.

Anyone know a good brand I can buy over the counter in Brighton (not an Internet purchase) that actually tastes good? Vanilla and chocolate flavours sound nice but taste is paramount.

A 1kg drum is enough....not going to buy an enormous quantity without knowing the quality.

Thanks in advance.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Go to a site like myprotein.com you'll find it way cheaper than the high street.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Is this a football forum?

But go to Myprotein or just eat stuff like fat free greek yogurt/ salmon/ tuna etc

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm out of town for a couple of weeks from tomorrow so a house delivery won't work.
Find out where the neares Amazon locker is to wherever it is you're going and have it delivered there.

I personally love the taste of Boritronics express whey, but Amazon stock most other brands.

Dec 29, 2011
Hey, there's a shop called 'bodybuilders of Brighton' in Brighton which sells powder from MyProtein.com. The prices are very similar to online (a few pounds more) so I recommend it. It's in the cut through which takes you from churchill square to queens road (I dunno the name).

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I need to increase my protein intake without adding too many calories and was advised by one of my offspring to buy a tub of protein powder and knock up a daily shake in place of a meal.

I've seen giant drums in the window of Holland and Barrett but their prices are usually a scandal so I don't even give them a chance anymore.

Anyone know a good brand I can buy over the counter in Brighton (not an Internet purchase) that actually tastes good? Vanilla and chocolate flavours sound nice but taste is paramount.

A 1kg drum is enough....not going to buy an enormous quantity without knowing the quality.

Thanks in advance.

Holland and Barrett is hugely over priced go online, dolphin fitness or discount supplements

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Hey, there's a shop called 'bodybuilders of Brighton' in Brighton which sells powder from MyProtein.com. The prices are very similar to online (a few pounds more) so I recommend it. It's in the cut through which takes you from churchill square to queens road (I dunno the name).

Air Street

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Eat 1 tin of tuna. More protein than 1 shake. 30g on average. Raw from the tin.

No bad guts/excessive flatulence.

When I was using a chiropractor he wanted to know what my diet was, when I told him that I eat a tin of tuna every day his head nearly fell off. He said that the mercury content in tuna is really high, and eating too much would cause a build of mercury on the brain, which would eventually make you dense :shrug: he recommended no more than 1 small tin every other day :eek:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I assume you're going weight loss by having a shake in place of a regular meal?

If that's the case, go for a low carb (make sure very low sugar also) shake (sometimes labeled as 'Diet Whey' or similar).
Tip: You get less protein per serving in Chocolate flavoured powders.

The big supermarkets sometimes have good deals on 1kg tubs.

Dec 29, 2011
Air Street

Thanks, I never knew it was air street.

As for OP, be careful what protein you buy. Casein is slow releasing and has a good profile of amino acids. Whey has a full profile of amino acids but is processed very quickly by the body, usually prefered for bodybuilders and sportspeople. Other sources are things like soy protein which is a fairly poor source as they don't have a large profile of amino acids, but soy proteins tend to be a lot cheaper because of this. I'd recommend casein as in theory it should keep you full up for longer.

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
I used to use Dolphin Fitness in Portslade, I think they may have moved though. But I always thought they offer great prices. You could either order online or over the counter.
http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk

Also if you wanna keep it Brighton, Reflex Nutrition I believe are Brighton based.
https://www.reflexnutrition.com

Best thing to do is check the reviews and see what works for you.

Thanks for that.....I checked the Dolphin prices and they are very competitive...in fact,the best I've seen!

Example.....just popped into Holland and Barrett as its three minutes from where I live.....a 900g tub of Optima Gold Standard is either £44 or £33 if they have a 25% discount sticker on the flavour....whereas Dolphin sell exactly the same tub for £23.....and all flavours too whereas H&B are only discounting some flavours.

I could pay the extra tenner....but seeing as I'm against price exploitation I'll put an online order in from Dolphin and wait a couple of weeks til I can take delivery.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here