Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who would have thought getting in to bed with the DUP would end up in disaster?

[tweet]1047080807947489281[/tweet]

The Tories have totally ****ed it.

No wonder May is refusing to appear on Channel 4 News.

I genuinely don’t believe parliament will allow no-deal. The majority of the public don’t want no-deal, same with MPs. Someone needs to, and someone will, surely step forward.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I genuinely don’t believe parliament will allow no-deal. The majority of the public don’t want no-deal, same with MPs. Someone needs to, and someone will, surely step forward.

Starting to wonder if there is a majority in parliament for any deal, let alone no deal. And then there's that pesky lot in the EU to agree as well, what could possible go wrong?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Who would have thought getting in to bed with the DUP would end up in disaster?

[tweet]1047080807947489281[/tweet]

The Tories have totally ****ed it.

No wonder May is refusing to appear on Channel 4 News.

First PM in 29 years since Jon Snow started, where is the accountability if you refuse to do debates or interviews with anyone but your BBC poodles ???

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The only possible route to the public being consulted again is via the prospect of no-deal.

We know it, and so do the EU negotiators.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
First PM in 29 years since Jon Snow started, where is the accountability if you refuse to do debates or interviews with anyone but your BBC poodles ???

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-post-brexit-immigration-policy-politics-live
Major news broadcasters all complain to No 10 about May limiting interview opportunities

Jim Waterson

British broadcasters have sent a letter to the prime minister’s head of communications complaining about the “unprecedented circumstances” surrounding interviews with the prime minister at the Conservative party conference in Birmingham.

Representatives of BBC News, ITV News, ITN, Sky News, Channel 4 News, and Channel 5 News co-signed the letter, obtained by the Guardian, which criticises Downing Street’s decision to limit the number of broadcast interviews undertaken by the prime minister. In their letter they said:

For a functioning democracy it is vital that in turn the politicians and in particular the leaders and even prime ministers are also questioned and held to account in one-to-one interviews.

As public service broadcasters we are required by licence to produce high-quality, impartial and accurate news and analysis. If we interview the other party leaders at the conferences we are required for balance to interview every party leader.

They went on to compare the current situation to the treatment of the media by US President Donald Trump:

We have already seen attempts to exclude some journalistic organisations in America from press conferences, attempts which were resisted by the solidarity of the broadcasters who refused to allow it. We hope you will take this into consideration and make the prime minister available for interview with all the UK’s national broadcasters.

The letter is addressed to the prime minister’s head of communications Robbie Gibb, a former BBC News executive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With the DUP declaring that the GFA is not sacrosanct, and could be amended to facilitate a hard border with the ROI, where does democracy stand, bearing in mind 71% of those who voted supported the agreement?

To be fair the DUP never really took to the GFA...they must be rubbing their hands in glee now.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Despite all of this probably affecting me to a large extent due to living in the EU, and hopefully planning on staying, I’ve almost through fear of having my fears confirmed stayed away from the debate - what do my prospects look like? I don’t have a Swedish residency permit and won’t be eligible for another couple of years at least (although it could be possibly within 2). Currently studying but certainly wish to stay longer, really don’t know where I stand, all of the debates are just sh*t slinging contests

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Despite all of this probably affecting me to a large extent due to living in the EU, and hopefully planning on staying, I’ve almost through fear of having my fears confirmed stayed away from the debate - what do my prospects look like? I don’t have a Swedish residency permit and won’t be eligible for another couple of years at least (although it could be possibly within 2). Currently studying but certainly wish to stay longer, really don’t know where I stand, all of the debates are just sh*t slinging contests

I'm afraid that the only thing that can be said with any certainty is that with 178 days to go, nobody from the PM down has any f***ing idea what will happen to you or anything or anyone else. Who would have believed that Britain would come to this :shrug:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm afraid that the only thing that can be said with any certainty is that with under 6 months to go, nobody from the PM down has any f***ing idea what will happen to you or anything or anyone else. Who would have believed it would come to this :shrug:

I believed it would come to this.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I believed it would come to this.

Sorry, edited after you quoted.

The super-soft Brexit/No Deal/Rescind Article 50 choice was predicted at the time of the referendum by a great number of people, but shouted down as 'project fear'.

I meant it more as being extremely sad to see Britain's demise

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I never believed that we would get a beneficial deal from the EU, what is in it for them? We are the ones leaving, we’re the ones who are wanting to go it alone, we’re the ones who have been a pain in the arse toBrussels for the last 40 odd years, with our insistence on rebates, vetoes, and general hostility towards it.

If I was leading the EU, I would have told us to **** off , years ago and take that prick, Farage with you!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I never believed that we would get a beneficial deal from the EU, what is in it for them? We are the ones leaving, we’re the ones who are wanting to go it alone, we’re the ones who have been a pain in the arse toBrussels for the last 40 odd years, with our insistence on rebates, vetoes, and general hostility towards it.

If I was leading the EU, I would have told us to **** off , years ago and take that prick, Farage with you!

Can you imagine being one of those PM's (of all political hues) in the last 40 years, having negotiated all those rebates, vetoes and special conditions watching the pig shagger throw it all down the drain in a completely pointless attempt to keep himself in power?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I think you are lucky.
Try and stay in one of the best countries and best cities in the world.
Become Swedish and kiss goodbye to a country that is being systematically flushed down the khazi.
The intelligent, fun, and very sensible Swedes are in a different class to so many of the dregs that we laughingly call ' the great British public'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Funnily enough when I talked to our French colleagues after the vote, they were actually surprised the vote was so close.

The comments covered , all the things above, the fact that we didn't join the euro when given the chance.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I'm afraid that the only thing that can be said with any certainty is that with 178 days to go, nobody from the PM down has any f***ing idea what will happen to you or anything or anyone else. Who would have believed that Britain would come to this :shrug:

Everyone who voted “in”.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Best advice is try and find a nice Swede and don't return, we are damaged goods now where ever this whole thing ends...

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

The Tory party as the governing party are an embarrassment, their inability to join up and make a call on Brexit is at the cost of the people they claim to lead. They’ve lost my vote for their individual self interest politics. Shambles. Corbyn and his Trots are also a disaster. We are pushing things to the limit here.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Tory party as the governing party are an embarrassment, their inability to join up and make a call on Brexit is at the cost of the people they claim to lead. They’ve lost my vote for their individual self interest politics. Shambles. Corbyn and his Trots are also a disaster. We are pushing things to the limit here.

The calculated duplicity of our incompetent politicians may be embarrassing but fact that some people still cheer them on is just depressing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here