Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

Jul 7, 2003
With tonight being the start of the NFL weekend, I make no apologies for this look at me post. Just been packing as I am off to Denver in the morning for MNF v Chiefs. Team will be in all navy on Monday night so will be taking my vintage navy Ed McCaffrey shirt as well as my orange Derek Wolfe shirt. Might also take an Albion flag with me as we are on the third level to the left of the posts just in case we get in shot.

My first visit to Mile High so really excited - too much so for a man of my age! Saturday we will be watching the Albion over breakfast before heading to Mile High to look at the museum and do the stadium tour. Have booked baseball for the evening to keep the sporting theme going. Sunday is a trip up in the mountains before game day on Monday. Fly back Tuesday, home Wednesday, Hove dogs Thursday and Albion on Friday night complete the multiple week of transatlantic sporting action.

Just hope that this is week either Mahome's bubble bursts or the Denver offense finally get in gear.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Gonna be a LOOOOOONG year here in Arizona. [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Have to say I was rooting for Arizona at the end of that one, brave move to bring Rosen on towards the end maybe.

Weekend off for the Skins this week, so will be able to relax and enjoy the other results coming through on Red Zone hopefully.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
With tonight being the start of the NFL weekend, I make no apologies for this look at me post. Just been packing as I am off to Denver in the morning for MNF v Chiefs. Team will be in all navy on Monday night so will be taking my vintage navy Ed McCaffrey shirt as well as my orange Derek Wolfe shirt. Might also take an Albion flag with me as we are on the third level to the left of the posts just in case we get in shot.

My first visit to Mile High so really excited - too much so for a man of my age! Saturday we will be watching the Albion over breakfast before heading to Mile High to look at the museum and do the stadium tour. Have booked baseball for the evening to keep the sporting theme going. Sunday is a trip up in the mountains before game day on Monday. Fly back Tuesday, home Wednesday, Hove dogs Thursday and Albion on Friday night complete the multiple week of transatlantic sporting action.

Just hope that this is week either Mahome's bubble bursts or the Denver offense finally get in gear.

Even as a Browns fan with a deep rooted hatred for the Broncos, that sounds like an amazing trip...have a great time!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
2 things from last night:

- Goff is the real deal after Jeff Fishers best efforts to make him look like a bust. McVay has worked wonders with him.
- The Rams need to bring back those throwbacks permanently.

ShivasIrons

Feb 16, 2018
I am afraid the Donkeys are going to catch a beating Monday Night. The Chiefs are Legit; their offensive is almost impossible to stop with all the weapons they have. Enjoy your trip; hopefully you get a chance to go up into the mountains. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing. Have fun....

Jul 7, 2003
How about those Bears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched the press conference with the Bucs head coach. Said he should fire every person on the field this week starting with himself.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Just about recovered from watching the Texans @ Colts game.

Should have sealed it long before a bizarre Russian roulette play on the Colts 43 with 24 seconds left in OT made things a lot easier.

It's an ugly win, but it'll have to do.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
tons of crazy games today across the board I really feel for our friends here who are browns fans they should easily be 4-0 right now but instead are 1-1-2. good news is theres a lot of time left in the season and these bumps can really make them stronger going forward. I still think they can compete for a wildcard spot

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Last winless team in the NFL.. dumpster fire in Arizona!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fun finish – worth staying up to 3:15am for this Seahawks fan. Generally unimpressive offence from both teams leading to the game going down to a 1-minute FG shootout! You missed yours, we got ours!

2-2 for us, after 3 road games, isn't too bad, but it's pretty clear we're a shadow of recent Seattle teams. Gutted to lose Earl Thomas too, despite his hold-out dramas and all the bad vibes it brought, he was still an incredible player to have in the team.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just watched the press conference with the Bucs head coach. Said he should fire every person on the field this week starting with himself.

:lolol:

Let’s just say it wasn’t exactly the result I was expecting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Absolutely gutted after that game last night....stayed up to watch it hoping for back to back victories, then RZ had to cut away from the last 2 mins of OT due to TV laws re: the late SNF game (not that it mattered anyway....)
Browns really didn't help themselves with turnovers and big plays given up - but the two calls that would've sealed the win for us are a really hard pill to swallow this morning. How Carr was "in the grasp" on that fumble I have no idea, and the first down reversal...?? WHERE was the indisputable evidence to overturn it???? Even Dean Blandino was left speechless at the call.

After that, and only a couple of hours sleep, thank god Im on my own in my office today....foul mood doesn't begin to describe it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here