Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
170k a week. Wow, just effing wow. Looks like next year’s accounts will be filed a bit late again as the creativity needed to cover up that madness is going to take a while to conjure up.
It'll be about two years before they file this year's accounts. There's the 2018 ones (which will show a big loss) to file first. Don't hold your breath!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If the Mail article is anywhere near correct, then the deal is mind blowing.
What will it do to the CPFC2010 dressing room?
Palace must have inserted some get out clause in the case of relegation otherwise it is Pompey/Leeds/Sunderland/Villa all over again.

I don't know anything about Meyer, but is he thought to be that much better than Cabaye? If not, it's a lot of money to replace a departed similar midfielder.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
3 year deal
Around £80 k a week
£450 k compo to Schalke
Bargain .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
F5AAD199-6CA6-43FA-8CF4-7449B1BCDEE7.jpeg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1025091599020240896[/tweet]

Classy.

Poor lad probably thinks he is playing for a 'London' club with those views. Wait till he sees the shit hole. Didn't know you could see Centrepoint from Selhurst.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
3 year deal
Around £80 k a week
£450 k compo to Schalke
Bargain .

Yet all Summer no one would touch him but finally, just before the season starts, the club that says they barely have two pennies to rub together for transfer fees, picks him up.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Poor lad probably thinks he is playing for a 'London' club with those views. Wait till he sees the shit hole. Didn't know you could see Centrepoint from Selhurst.

He played there last pre season for Schalke.
He loves Jerk chicken .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yet all Summer no one would touch him but finally, just before the season starts, the club that says they barely have two pennies to rub together for transfer fees, picks him up.

Luckily we paid in €

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
3 year deal
Around £80 k a week
£450 k compo to Schalke
Bargain .
I would wait and see how it turns out before crowing. I bet you won't be seen for dust over here if he is a failure.

You lot all ways do it and then there is a thread on the BBS slating said player. I give you Wayne Hennessey, until the last few games you lot wanted him out and you've got a new world class keeper (your words not mine) that you've seen play for a few minutes and keep using to make a point against us. There's just one problem, This new world class keeper can't dislodge Poppadom hands from No1 and looks like he will be back up.

What do you think about your new keeper?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3 year deal
Around £80 k a week
£450 k compo to Schalke
Bargain .

Just got back from Germany. Asked those knowledgeable about football about Meyer. TBH, I know absolutely nothing about him.The general consensus is that he is very talented but a complete and utter f*cktard. He is apparently ‘not right in the head’
Those involved in the chat were two Bremen, the three compulsory smug Bayern fans and a couple of Ingolstadt fans*. None would want him in their team, even the Ingolstadt fans weren’t interested.

* they still insist on calling me a thief over Gross coming to us for a measly three mil.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Just got back from Germany. Asked those knowledgeable about football about Meyer. TBH, I know absolutely nothing about him.The general consensus is that he is very talented but a complete and utter f*cktard. He is apparently ‘not right in the head’
Those involved in the chat were two Bremen, the three compulsory smug Bayern fans and a couple of Ingolstadt fans*. None would want him in their team, even the Ingolstadt fans weren’t interested.

* they still insist on calling me a thief over Gross coming to us for a measly three mil.

Let’s wait and see.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Let’s wait and see.

Enjoy your moment and all that, I'm sure we'd be excited if we were signing him (maybe not to the extent that we'd be photoshopping him beheading Roy Hodgson, cultural differences I guess).

But are you not even a little tiny bit concerned that a player of his supposed calibre failed to attract a single half-decent club in the four months it has been known that he was leaving Schalke for nowt?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Enjoy your moment and all that, I'm sure we'd be excited if we were signing him (maybe not to the extent that we'd be photoshopping him beheading Roy Hodgson, cultural differences I guess).

But are you not even a little tiny bit concerned that a player of his supposed calibre failed to attract a single half-decent club in the four months it has been known that he was leaving Schalke for nowt?

He wouldn't appear to be the calibre of player that would cause Winstano to get off his sun lounger.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Surely you’re not tarring us all with that stupid twitter post ?
Who knows how he turns out, but there’s no doubting his ability and previous achievements.
It’s a gamble that’s worth taking imho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here