Jul 6, 2003
STATE of this...!

efl-logo-8x6549-2798205_478x359.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It doesn't matter since we won't be here next year. :whistle:

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Dont see the point in this. Its an attempt at trying to market the leagues, which will be the same as this season give or take a few different teams.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What sort of bunch of fuc*kwits does it take to make a stupid decision like that? It didn't need changing; just some twats wanting to 'make their mark'.

A terrible example of management corporate logic - 'We changed something and it worked out well; therefore, ALL change is good; therefore, EVERYTHING must be changed, and we must be seen to be changing it.'

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I actually don't know where to start with this wankpottery. As pointed out don't think Cardiff or Newport will be too pleased. Then there's the God awful logo (was it REALLY a school competition? If so WHY? Did the Marketing Consultant c:censored:s blow the entire budget on the long liquid lunch that clearly spawned such a horrendously cringeworthy idea?). Not to mention the utter pointlessness of it all and the fact that it will probably all change the second they add a sponsor to it anyway. Does "EFL Championship" effortlessly spill off the tongues of commentators and results announcers? Does it bollocks.

What an enormous waste of everyone's time, effort and money. I hate modern football.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Al's thoughts...

So the Football League will be renamed 'the English Football League', just in case anyone got confused. Alternatively, it may have recently become their mission to specifically want to piss Cardiff City off.

Something coming along first generally gets first dibs as to whether it wishes to add the country of origin or not; the Football Association, the FA Cup, The Open, the Royal Mail and so on - don't have 'English', 'British' or 'UK' in front of them to qualify their status.

The Football League was there first, so it doesn't need qualifying. At least, that has been the case for the past 127 years. So what the blazes has changed?

The Football League chief executive, Shaun Harvey was quoted as saying...

"The new EFL name rightly emphasises the central role our clubs play at the heart of English professional football.

"We believe the EFL name and brand will give our competitions an identity that is new and distinct, while at the same time retaining our unique heritage. As such, it will be something that all fans can identify with - whether they be young or old, at home or abroad.”

... which is just about the biggest load of meaningless old bollocks there is. I wonder how much of that drivel he actually believes. Or rather, I wonder how much he is being paid to believe it. Surely that waste of 60-odd words was chosen by a random verbal-dogshit generator, with Harvey's name tacked on the end. Surely...?

Anyway, there you have it - some befuddled marketing team has fiddled needlessly with a century-and-a-quarter old institution merely, one presumes, to justify its existence. Fiddled with it enough for this planet-thumping news to actually warrant a press release.

Point is - this dose of excessive facepalmery is of such a corporately confused magnitude, fans will be too bewildered - raising their eyebrows to the skies - to actually care. This is that pathetically banal.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Football League chief executive, Shaun Harvey was quoted as saying...

"The new EFL name rightly emphasises the central role our clubs play at the heart of English professional football.

"We believe the EFL name and brand will give our competitions an identity that is new and distinct, while at the same time retaining our unique heritage. As such, it will be something that all fans can identify with - whether they be young or old, at home or abroad.”

... which is just about the biggest load of meaningless old bollocks there is. I wonder how much of that drivel he actually believes. Or rather, I wonder how much he is being paid to believe it. Surely that waste of 60-odd words was chosen by a random verbal-dogshit generator, with Harvey's name tacked on the end. Surely...?

Nailed it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here