Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Kit!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
. The away kit is nothing like Bournemouth’s kit last season, apart from the fact it’s red and black. As for the home kit being a carbon copy in white and blue, what’s wrong with that? We did in the same in the first season at the Amex

View attachment 98844

As you can see, the below is last year's kit. You posted 16/17

1498832231-bournemouth-umbro-2017-18-home-football-shirt.jpg

I'm not over the moon that our away kit isn't bespoke, but at least it isn't another team's hand-me-downs.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Both are nice, Green does look like a keeper kit but it's still nice, I actually like the back of the Brighton home kit looks cool with a red number on.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Neither is horrible, just disappointing. You'd have thought a club like the Albion could have done better/ told Nike to.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The club went with the white backs when the old gits in East & West Upper complained they could not see the Player No & Names on a striped and blue back.
Looking at this year mainly white strip, they should have kept it simple and had a white back only.l

As one of the old gits in question, I can confirm that neither I, nor my similarly ancient and myopic friend had any problem at all!

grandpa.gif

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The club went with the white backs when the old gits in East & West Upper complained they could not see the Player No & Names on a striped and blue back.
Looking at this year mainly white strip, they should have kept it simple and had a white back only.l

I'm proud to be an old git. It does make sense though, everyone needs to be able to see the numbers & names on the back of shirts!

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Taking a closer look at the Green away it's actually really nice the pattern, it reminds me of some of the classy German green away kits or werder bremen kits. The infant home kit looks really cheap like some knock off you would find on a market and why don't they have infant away kits for sale.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Taking a closer look at the Green away it's actually really nice the pattern, it reminds me of some of the classy German green away kits or werder bremen kits. The infant home kit looks really cheap like some knock off you would find on a market and why don't they have infant away kits for sale.

I think it's lovely and am a bit baffled by the backlash to be honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it's lovely and am a bit baffled by the backlash to be honest.

Same here. Well, 'lovely' might be slightly overstating, but its certainly not the MONSTROSITY some people on here are howling about.

Personally I think its always worth reserving judgement until its been seen 'in action', so to speak. I reckon both kits are perfectly ok, and opinions will change once we get used to actually seeing them on the pitch. Not that many will admit to changing their minds I suppose. But I'm far from horrified by either shirt.

I'd have preferred blue shorts and socks with the home one, mind.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As you can see, the below is last year's kit. You posted 16/17

View attachment 98870

I'm not over the moon that our away kit isn't bespoke, but at least it isn't another team's hand-me-downs.

Oops, blushes, trouble with the small phone screen. That said, it’s still quite different, not sure what the previous poster Meant when he said it was near identical, hey ho.

Agreed on our new away kit though, that shirt is in use all over the place, Anorthosis in Cyprus have it in blue and black for their away and third shirts.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Seem to recall there was at least one miser whinging about it at a Fans Forum with Paul Barber.

I'm not disagreeing that some fans did moan, the yellow numbers didn't stand out that well on stripes.
I just don't think the club changed things because a few fans moaned.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm proud to be an old git. It does make sense though, everyone needs to be able to see the numbers & names on the back of shirts!

Do they though? If you know the team then you know who plays where, generally speaking.

I don't need to be able to see the numbers to know that the tall bloke in front of Maty Ryan, just to the left, is Lewis Dunk.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Does the Kilmarnock 2017/18 home strip count? Probably get it 70% off now, stick an American Express transfer on, plus an Albion badge and count the cash saved...

Nothing much has changed for Gary Dicker there, has it? Same kit, same tan. He even has a Guy Butters lookalike next to him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do they though? If you know the team then you know who plays where, generally speaking.

I don't need to be able to see the numbers to know that the tall bloke in front of Maty Ryan, just to the left, is Lewis Dunk.

Nonsense.

Would you find it so easy to distinguish Balogun and Moore, with their backs to you? Forster-Caskey and Gardner wearing barely readable near-identical numbers (18 and 19) were difficult. We had a period when we had Barnes, Painter and Sparrow with identical builds and haircuts, that were hard. Upson and Bridge were hard.

The numbers are there for identification. The entire point of them is to be readable from a distance. Why would anybody NOT seek to make them as readable as possible?

(And I say that as someone who hates the 'bib' on the back of this latest shirt. A plain BOX is what is required)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Nonsense.

Would you find it so easy to distinguish Balogun and Moore, with their backs to you? Forster-Caskey and Gardner wearing barely readable near-identical numbers (18 and 19) were difficult. We had a period when we had Barnes, Painter and Sparrow with identical builds and haircuts, that were hard. Upson and Bridge were hard.

The numbers are there for identification. The entire point of them is to be readable from a distance. Why would anybody NOT seek to make them as readable as possible?

(And I say that as someone who hates the 'bib' on the back of this latest shirt. A plain BOX is what is required)

Yeah I get what they're for but it's not too difficult to distinguish between the players without them. And I'm a WSU resident with glasses :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah I get what they're for but it's not too difficult to distinguish between the players without them. And I'm a WSU resident with glasses :shrug:

I'm a ESL resident (with glasses) and generally have no issue, but some people are sitting far further away than I am. It's a stupid argument - what possible benefit is there to NOT make the shirts as readable as possible?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Nor do I, but we are dyed in the wool fans, many who watch us, especially fans of the opposing team . . . aren't.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not often I agree with HKFC,but as an infrequent viewer of Albion,when I see them at St Andrew's on the 28th I will need all the help I can get!Really helps with tv coverage,as well,with the camera shifting views so often.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm a ESL resident (with glasses) and generally have no issue, but some people are sitting far further away than I am. It's a stupid argument - what possible benefit is there to NOT make the shirts as readable as possible?

I'm not saying they shouldn't make it as easy as possible merely that the assertion that "everybody needs to be able to read them" isn't necessarily true.

Really isn't worth arguing about.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here