Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Final, Croatia v France 2018

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't agree it was deliberate.

That is of course your opinion. Mine differs and the reason is that his hand moves down the the ball and his knee moves up to create a bigger block . They stated he was too close to the other player but the flight of the ball was hardly altered by the French player so the Croatian has watched the flight of the ball pretty much from the corner.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That is of course your opinion. Mine differs and the reason is that his hand moves down the the ball and his knee moves up to create a bigger block . They stated he was too close to the other player but the flight of the ball was hardly altered by the French player so the Croatian has watched the flight of the ball pretty much from the corner.

Again, the fact that we all have different opinions would indicate its not clear and obvious. As was the amount of time the ref took to review it. I've seen penalties given for less but that's not the point of VAR.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
****ing Croatian love in from the BBC pundits, the Croatian for me he did deliberately bring his hand down. Shearer made it sound like outright cheating, ****.

D

Deleted member 2719

I hope louvren kicks Giroud off the pitch.
Giroud just has that Mark Hughes style I so dislike in a striker.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
It looked more instinctive than deliberate to me. It was certainly much more of a penalty than those ones earlier in the tournament where defenders headed the ball onto their own hands. His hand did move a long way. Correct decision for me.

The free kick for the first goal is more controversial I would say. As in it was clearly a dive.

Enrest is on the pitch now.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It looked more instinctive than deliberate to me. It was certainly much more of a penalty than those ones earlier in the tournament where defenders headed the ball onto their own hands. His hand did move a long way. Correct decision for me.

The free kick for the first goal is more controversial I would say. As in it was clearly a dive.

Enrest is on the pitch now.

It has to be intentive not instinctive, I missed Unrest, damn

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here