Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Anyone who believes the EU will be the most powerful trading union in the world after we withdraw is delusional and needs to give their head an even bigger wobble.:lol:

Doesn't that kind of reinforce their point? We'll leave a powerful trading union to be a less powerful entity on our own, and leave the EU less powerful as well. Is that a win win or a lose lose?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Doesn't that kind of reinforce their point? We'll leave a powerful trading union to be a less powerful entity on our own, and leave the EU less powerful as well. Is that a win win or a lose lose?

Not in the slightest.We might join a different trading bloc and make that bigger than the EU,who knows?Trying to be snidey by making points about things that might or might not happen is about as stupid as voting Labour.

Jan 30, 2008
Hopefully this comes out and people can see this, but is this what people voted for?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CommonsEUexit/status/842067171656273920/video/1

Maybe people voted for 30-40% tariffs on food and dropping out of the reciprocal health agreements and flights agreements?

Certainly he is very blunt in his anticipation of what the negotiations are all going to be about. I wonder how much the EU will want us to pay for this!
AND HOW MUCH WE'RE PREPARED TO PAY , people on here banging on as if the EU are holding the Ace cards, couldn't make it up, as if the country's going to roll over and give in :laugh:
regards
DR

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
AND HOW MUCH WE'RE PREPARED TO PAY , people on here banging on as if the EU are holding the Ace cards, couldn't make it up, as if the country's going to roll over and give in :laugh:
regards
DR

It won't because whether part of a 48 or 52 the vast majority of people are decent hard working, they won't gloat or sulk, will get on with working and doing the best they can. Some will gloat of course, but most will get on with it in the most British of ways.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What's going to happen when the truth emerges?

Are they going to blame it on Remoaners talking the country down? Or will it be back to the scrounging unemployed, or the feckless youth of today?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
More Brexit fallout.... Toyota decide to invest a further quarter of a billion pounds in their UK operations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-...=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=twitter

"Japanese carmaker Toyota is to invest almost a quarter of a billion pounds in its UK operations.
Toyota says it will invest £240m to upgrade the Burnaston plant near Derby to enable production of vehicles using its new global manufacturing system.
The carmaker says the investment will improve the plant's competitiveness and promote UK supply chain efficiencies.
Toyota has been making cars in the UK since 1992. The Burnaston plant makes the Auris and the Avensis models."

Nice, more investment good news.
With that amount of investment Toyota must be confident any future trade deal will be in keeping with their business model.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This is even more absurd than your normal offerings Limpy.

You seem to be saying you are a lying hypocrite and you think being patronising or shrieking about conspiracy in posts are forms of"aggression"?

You don't think that DIP or Herr T (I am assuming) ever post on here in a smarmy patronising or aggressive style?

And best of all........you think I am right wing?

Have I got this all correct.......let me know, hopefully you will have had your medicine.

My goodness, this is a dimwitted reply.

1. My reference to me being a hypocritical moron (etc) was an ironic tilt at a Leaver's description of me. (For the record I find the description oddly amusing but I shudder to think how long some of your UKIP chums would be feigning shock if it was directed at them.)

2. Yes, wildly patronising people is a bit aggressive in my book. And where did I mention 'conspiracy'?

3. As I said, Remainers can be sharp but they rarely come close in the aggression stakes to many Leavers.

4. You right wing? You claim to hum a different tune but I judge you by the company you keep, the actions you praise, the outcomes you applaud and the fact that how you voted last year helped to put England's crazy tight wing populists on a victory march. So yes, I'd put you up there with Pretty Pink Fairy and Brighton Fella and the rest. You do use longer words than them, I admit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You did read the whole article in the link?

There is a caveat about going forward

Which the bigwigs at Toyota clearly considered before making the investment, their confidence concerning future trade arrangements and their business model must be high.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Typical bed-wetting from a remainer.

If that were really the case (that they couldn't sell to the EU), then why aren't all of the financial institutions actively moving people now and getting the infrastructure in place. Christ, how long do you think it would take to get these companies up to speed in another country? It would be years. But nothing is happening apart from some bed-wetting headlines couched with words like "COULD". If this were a real problem, due diligence would be forcing these companies to be acting now, and it would be all over the news.

You really shouldn't worry about things that aren't going to happen.

I hate to break it to you, but it's already happening. It might not make the front page of the Mail or the Sun, but it's happening. And it won't take that long. There are large numbers of EU citizens working in London who will find it very easy to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt. It really baffles me how so-called patriotic Leavers seem quite relaxed by the prospect of our key industries moving overseas.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I There are large numbers of EU citizens working in London who will find it very easy to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt. It really baffles me how so-called patriotic Leavers seem quite relaxed by the prospect of our key industries moving overseas.

So we have "There are large numbers of EU citizens working in London who will find it very easy to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt."......so they have not actually gone yet, will just "will find it very easy to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt.".

And " Leavers seem quite relaxed by the prospect of our key industries moving overseas."........so they have not actually gone yet, but the "prospect" is there.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nice, more investment good news.
With that amount of investment Toyota must be confident any future trade deal will be in keeping with their business model.

With the caveat that they can export into Europe tariff free?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So we have "There are large numbers of EU citizens working in London who will find it very easy to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt."......so they have not actually gone yet, will just "will find it very easy to relocate to Paris or Frankfurt.".

And " Leavers seem quite relaxed by the prospect of our key industries moving overseas."........so they have not actually gone yet, but the "prospect" is there.

Well done, ignore the first part of the post that you gleefully quote

'I hate to break it to you, but it's already happening. It might not make the front page of the Mail or the Sun, but it's happening. And it won't take that long.'

So your post was effectively a complete waste of time other than showing that you need to brush up on your reading skills.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I don't need you to tell me what/which part of a post i HAVE to respond to.
I was responding to another posters post, and responded to the part i wanted to.
You seem to be getting a bit above your station, surely Mums got the tea on by now.

D

Deleted member 22389

'I hate to break it to you, but it's already happening. It might not make the front page of the Mail or the Sun, but it's happening. And it won't take that long.'

So your post was effectively a complete waste of time other than showing that you need to brush up on your reading skills.

How do Switzerland deal with this?

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't need you to tell me what/which part of a post i HAVE to respond to.
I was responding to another posters post, and responded to the part i wanted to.
You seem to be getting a bit above your station, surely Mums got the tea on by now.

They must be driving their partners mad with their moaning. I bet their other half's must be telling them to a put sock in it, doom and gloom.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here