Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
20:13 park run this morning. Looking forward to Worthing 10 tomorrow where the rain is supposed to stop around 9 ish followed by an overcast day with light winds forecast. Sounds ideal running weather.

Good luck [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and any others running the Moleyman tomorrow .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lydd 20 tomorrow - 17.3 is the furthest I've ever ran and I hit a wall that day - hoping the fact there is other runners and it's an event will see me through - but nervous!

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
20:13 park run this morning. Looking forward to Worthing 10 tomorrow where the rain is supposed to stop around 9 ish followed by an overcast day with light winds forecast. Sounds ideal running weather.

Good luck [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] and any others running the Moleyman tomorrow .

I'll see you there. Really looking forward to this, my hamstrings have been the best they've been for 10 months and starting to feel more confident now. Conditions couldn't be better, no wind and flat. I'd love to go sub 40 but have a feeling I'll be 20/30 seconds out. Good prep none the less for the BM10k in four weeks.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Lydd 20 tomorrow - 17.3 is the furthest I've ever ran and I hit a wall that day - hoping the fact there is other runners and it's an event will see me through - but nervous!

I'm presuming the 17.3 was a training run rather than a race? If so you should be fine. Just remember to take on anything and everything, hydration is key for these long runs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm presuming the 17.3 was a training run rather than a race? If so you should be fine. Just remember to take on anything and everything, hydration is key for these long runs.
Yes it was mate - and I prob over-did it as went from 10 miles to 15 to 17.3 in a few weeks. Will take it nice and easy - have no interest in a time just want to coplete it - same as the marathon!

Got shot-blox and sport jelly beans as well as high 5 tablets with water - will take on what I need :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes it was mate - and I prob over-did it as went from 10 miles to 15 to 17.3 in a few weeks. Will take it nice and easy - have no interest in a time just want to coplete it - same as the marathon!

Got shot-blox and sport jelly beans as well as high 5 tablets with water - will take on what I need :thumbsup:

That increase from 10 to 15 does seem a bit steep. That said you've now done it so build from there. Good luck and I think you'll find stepping up from 17 to 20 in an organised race won't be as tough.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That increase from 10 to 15 does seem a bit steep. That said you've now done it so build from there. Good luck and I think you'll find stepping up from 17 to 20 in an organised race won't be as tough.

Yes it probably was - I only set out do 12 but felt good. That was a while ago though. Been doing 10-13 for the last 3-4 weeks so need a couple of longer runs - Lydd 20 and then Hastings half next week and probably a 10 miler midweek - going to be hard but worth it :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes it probably was - I only set out do 12 but felt good. That was a while ago though. Been doing 10-13 for the last 3-4 weeks so need a couple of longer runs - Lydd 20 and then Hastings half next week and probably a 10 miler midweek - going to be hard but worth it :)

Nothing wrong with that really, just keep the pace comfortable.......

Bloody awful parkrun for me today. Still struggling with a bit of a cough/cold. Felt ok for the first couple of miles then started coughing my guts up and had to stop three times on the last lap (Hove Park). Apologies to anyone who went past while I was retching !

Good luck tomorrow [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] - beware mile 24 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good luck everyone at all the events today.
Following some surgery last week I managed a slow walk round most of Hove Park on Tuesday. Then went home for a sleep!

Conclusion - enjoy your running while you can do it!!!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The rain held off for the start of the Surrey Half today... then pelted it down for five minutes a mile in. Perfect running weather then, and I smashed my sub-1:30 target. The finish clock read 1:25:31 as I crossed the line, and my chip time was 1:25:24.6... think I might retire! :D

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The rain held off for the start of the Surrey Half today... then pelted it down for five minutes a mile in. Perfect running weather then, and I smashed my sub-1:30 target. The finish clock read 1:25:31 as I crossed the line, and my chip time was 1:25:24.6... think I might retire! :D

Superb - in awe

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Excellent stuff. You could well be in line for the NSC Age Grading Trophy 2017? Talking of which a slightly disappointing 45:51 for me today at the Worthing 10K - but a category win (and a trophy) AG 72.88%.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bloody hell, that's rapid. Brilliant!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here