Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much blame are you putting on Stockdale for their first goal?

How much blame are you putting on Stockdale for their first goal?

• All the blame - it wasn't a freak goal

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Most of the blame - he was in no mans land

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • A little of the blame - but he was unlucky

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • It's a freak goal

Votes: 91 77.1%

• Total voters

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A better poll would be whether Stockdale is looking to for a move to Manchester City given his desire to dribble out of his penalty area and losing the ball which almost gifted an equaliser in the second half

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could and would have expected him to get a hand on it to push it over the bar or round the post post but no blame. I am more concerned about how easily Bruno was caught out for the 2nd goal with the ball over his head.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Could and would have expected him to get a hand on it to push it over the bar or round the post post but no blame..

If you 'would have expected him to push it over the bar' and he failed to do so, then surely you ARE blaming him?

FWIW (and I say this without having seen a single replay) I thought he probably WOULD have got there had Tomori not been in his way. Not that I'm BLAMING Tomori either - just rotten bad luck, all round.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I see the blame game started, stockdale , ref. ....Pathetic.
move on we've got an important game on Saturday

An incy wincey teeny tiny little bit, and even then I'd use the word fault rather than blame.

He should have done better with the punch, but who knew the ball would then go pin-ball stylee around the penalty area.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you 'would have expected him to push it over the bar' and he failed to do so, then surely you ARE blaming him?

FWIW (and I say this without having seen a single replay) I thought he probably WOULD have got there had Tomori not been in his way. Not that I'm BLAMING Tomori either - just rotten bad luck, all round.

Players get in the way of each other in such goal mouth scrambles it cannot be avoided. No I am not blaming him as I do not consider he did anything wrong other than couldnt reach the ball, which happens.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cannot blame anyone individual IMHO.
The team wins and gets plaudits as a unit, the team loses and so on and so forth......
We didn't really get to grips with Shelvey, let him have time on the ball too much.
We lost the momentum when Pocognoli went off, sh!t happens.
If I were Forest, I'd be worried about our backlash on Saturday :ascarf:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Has saved us on numerous occasions this season....playing superbly ..get him signed up on a new contract ....freak goal,,,,,,umm,.what else..oh ye game on Saturday up the Albion

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The punch was rubbish, he didn't need to come for it and as a result he was out of position when the ball eventually went back towards the goal

Having said that, they way it went back towards the goal was absolute pure flukery and you can't legislate for that sort of thing. Nine times out of 10 that is looping anywhere but into a 2x2cm square hole in the very top corner

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Don't blame him.. I guess he wishes he got a better punch on the ball, and then he is looking at blocking the 1st shot.. everything from there is just a horrible turn of events.. sods law because the header from Murphy that led to the corner was going wide I think as well.. far too close for him to leave it, but just a horrible goal to concede all round.. no blame needs to be handed out..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here