Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was thinking that there can't be any other Chaiman and owner of a football club who would do this.
Either, they would worry about being hassled or they would be too unpopular with the great unwashed to even consider it.

Top, top man.

Dick Knight did quite often.

Ex players also like our present chairman.
[tweet]828581249669283840[/tweet]

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Says on the official site that he was with his son. Didn't even know he had children, he leads a very quiet and reserved life.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Says on the official site that he was with his son. Didn't even know he had children, he leads a very quiet and reserved life.

You clearly weren't at Withdean at the last ever game there, as his son joined him on the parade of honour at end.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This chap!

2015-07-14-1436902565-6235018-SpongeBob_5.png

kjgood

Completely agree - top marks to him. And as well as that, how many clubs would also have the previous chairman standing amid the throng on the tier above? It was nice to see a previous manager right on top of the goal as well.

Mr Bloom is a club/team supporter just like us, thats where he came from. Theres nothing better than being in the middle of a large group of like minded supporters, watching the game in a Directors or VIP box takes quite a bit away from the match day experience. Its great that our Chairman can still support the team as 'One of the boys' (and girls), long may that continue.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Isn't that his wife in the blue trilby?

If it is, Tony's a braver man than me. When I used to buy new bits for my mountain bike I'd hide them in the garage, not lay them out all across the back lawn with the price tags on.

Mrs Bloom (flicking through the match day programme):There seem to be a few new names in the Albion squad, Tony...
Tony: Are there? I hadn't noticed.
Mrs Bloom: Have you been buying more players?
Tony: Err...well - you know, just borrowing them really. Not buying exactly.
Mrs Bloom: It says here you've bought Glenn Murray?
Tony: Well, I might have - does it matter? It was your idea that I should get a hobby. Are we still going to your mother's tomorrow?
Mrs Bloom: Don't change the subject. You've already got a Glenn Murray. And now you've bought another one?
Tony: It's the same one. I bought him again.
Mrs Bloom: Well how much did that cost?
Tony: I can't remember without checking...

:shootself:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was in the Directors' Box yesterday, and very grateful to the kind person who offered me the freebies, but it was not quite what I anticipated. Homely though!

Having sworn blind to my wife, who attended with me, that I would behave myself, I lost the plot in the 97th minute when Hemed scored and celebrated like a loon, leading to a bit of a disagreement with an employee of Brentford FC. Cue a very very silent trip home with 'er indoors, although I still maintain that Brentford are nothing more than a bunch of taxi drivers on their day off.

Strange that. Most Directors boxes these days have a section for the home and the away guests. I am quite lively at matches too and don't refrain from celebrating. Don't recall Stewards ever saying anything. I have a feeling that the Stewards were just venting their frustration at losing such a late goal ****em. They would have done the same had their team scored such a late goal. Glad you enjoyed experience though.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Obviously one of Bloom's FLUNKIES these days

LOL LOL LOL

I had to google the word ''Flunkies'' - I had a feeling your comment to EP was probably less than complimentary but I still found it funny. Even if I did need to consult a dictionary.

''Envy Green'' suits you Ernest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
here's that clip of TB getting a tad more excited than CB normally manages when Duffy equalised yesterday.

[tweet]828634456806346753[/tweet]

Strange that. Most Directors boxes these days have a section for the home and the away guests. I am quite lively at matches too and don't refrain from celebrating. Don't recall Stewards ever saying anything. I have a feeling that the Stewards were just venting their frustration at losing such a late goal ****em. They would have done the same had their team scored such a late goal. Glad you enjoyed experience though.

I remember when NSC sponsored a match at Withdean, against Sunderland, and we were all roundly told off for getting too excited. Not a telling off by a steward, though. It was the Chief Executive who told us to sit down and shut up. The Sunderland directors were quite cool about it, even though they weren't used to watching their team lose. Not that season, anyway.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
LOL LOL LOL

I had to google the word ''Flunkies'' - I had a feeling your comment to EP was probably less than complimentary but I still found it funny. Even if I did need to consult a dictionary.

''Envy Green'' suits you Ernest.

I was surprised [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] didn't accuse me of being one of his fluffers TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I remember when NSC sponsored a match at Withdean, against Sunderland, and we were all roundly told off for getting too excited. Not a telling off by a steward, though. It was the Chief Executive who told us to sit down and shut up. The Sunderland directors were quite cool about it, even though they weren't used to watching their team lose. Not that season, anyway.

I don't even know what it's like in the Directors Box at the Amex. Guests of Manager and all the coaches is always behind the dug-out, right behind where the Youth team players and non playing or injured players usually sit. You don't need to restrain yourself because they all go mental when Brighton score. All except CH himself of course. Don't know how he manages it.

Those seats are just like fans seats which is great.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

It wasn't a steward, it was one of the playing staff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here