Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Not if your a Sunderland fan they can't believe their luck getting £ 14 mill for a full back who can't defend.
The comments of the fans make good reading at the bottom of this article.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...most-good-business-swapping-altidore-12518106
Comments very similar to the Leicester fans on the money they got for Schlupp.

Nathan Clarke said:
Can't abbreviate his name to PVA because I've never seen him stick to anybody
:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Make the most of the next 24 hours, chaps.
With 4 easy games coming up:-

Bournemouth
Sunderland
Stoke
Middlesborough

They'll be looking at a minimum of 10 points, and we all know what that means.
The 'oh so brave, through thick and thin, t'internet warriors' will be back wondering if they've timed their run into Europe perfectly.

Oh CHRIST. That moron [MENTION=29419]Return of the Makh[/MENTION] will be back on here in no time at all if they can snaffle 5 or 6 points. :down:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Oh CHRIST. That moron [MENTION=29419]Return of the Makh[/MENTION] will be back on here in no time at all if they can snaffle 5 or 6 points. :down:

He's already back, on another thread not knowing his left from his right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I pretty much took for granted that CPFC2010 would see a fairly swift improvement under BFS. Half the reason a new manager is appointed is in the hope of instigating that initial little upturn in results that often happens at the beginning when someone comes in, with new ideas and new methods. Players look on it as a fresh start, and an opportunity to try and build on whatever "bounce" they get under the new manager.

Well. Palace under Allardyce: DLLLLL

Lovely stuff. Most reassuring.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I pretty much took for granted that CPFC2010 would see a fairly swift improvement under BFS. Half the reason a new manager is appointed is in the hope of instigating that initial little upturn in results that often happens at the beginning when someone comes in, with new ideas and new methods. Players look on it as a fresh start, and an opportunity to try and build on whatever "bounce" they get under the new manager.

Well. Palace under Allardyce: DLLLLL

Lovely stuff. Most reassuring.

I've said it in another thread but Palace could prove to be so bad that they'll end up being the club even Fat Sam couldn't save from the drop.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Allardyce and his scattergun squandering in the transfer market (main purpose to refill the trough for various pig snouts...) is a perfect fit for Palace. I loved the way that he ran his mouth off about how many players they needed and how much they were going to spend - brilliant negotiation skills - but I guess he doesn't give a shit as long as the big money deals go through...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Got a feeling they'll nick a 1-0 win tonight

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Got a feeling they'll nick a 1-0 win tonight

Bournemouth is not a happy hunting ground for Palace ,as they have played there 18 times since the war and only won twice.
Also they have not beaten them in the 5 Premier League games played so far. Horses for courses as they say, like our long suffering at Deepdale. Lets hope the Palace record against the Cherries in the Premier continues.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bournemouth is not a happy hunting ground for Palace ,as they have played there 18 times since the war and only won twice.
Also they have not beaten them in the 5 Premier League games played so far. Horses for courses as they say, like our long suffering at Deepdale. Lets hope the Palace record against the Cherries in the Premier continues.
2-1 to Bournemouth it is then!

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
It is understood talks with Jenkinson were held up when the defender found out Palace were paying another January signing, Schlupp, £56,000 a week, with Jenkinson having been offered £35,000 a week to move to the club.

Copy and pasted from SSN.

£56,000-a-week for a left back who can't defend and is now out injured. Comical.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It is understood talks with Jenkinson were held up when the defender found out Palace were paying another January signing, Schlupp, £56,000 a week, with Jenkinson having been offered £35,000 a week to move to the club.

Copy and pasted from SSN.

£56,000-a-week for a left back who can't defend and is now out injured. Comical.

I saw that on Sky too. Can't believe they would pay an average player like Schlupp that much. What will they do with him if they go down? Nobody is going to pay them the money they paid for him and cover his wages but it will cost them a lot at Championship level to keep him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I saw that on Sky too. Can't believe they would pay an average player like Schlupp that much. What will they do with him if they go down? Nobody is going to pay them the money they paid for him and cover his wages but it will cost them a lot at Championship level to keep him.

4 appearances for a struggling Leicester side, £56,000 a week. It's mind boggling.

IF they went down it would be a car crash.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sakho on £120k per week and Liverpool saying they won't accept less than £20m.

On SSN, Jamie Redknapp saying the usual 'Palace too much quality to go down...blah, blah, blah...Big Sam bleugh, bleugh, bleugh...'. Then, for the Super Sixes he tips them to lose at B'muff tonight and Swansea to win. Ok. Would leave them at least 4 points adrift.

PG

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Sakho on £120k per week and Liverpool saying they won't accept less than £20m.

On SSN, Jamie Redknapp saying the usual 'Palace too much quality to go down...blah, blah, blah...Big Sam bleugh, bleugh, bleugh...'. Then, for the Super Sixes he tips them to lose at B'muff tonight and Swansea to win. Ok. Would leave them at least 4 points adrift.

PG

It's about time these "pundits" told it how it is rather than coming out with the normal cliches and being worried about upsetting a few mates they may have at whatever club they are talking about.

Palace may have some good individual players but they are not performing as a team. They've been awful for over a year now, it's not like this is some temporary poor run of form while some new players bed in. There is no such thing as too good to go down, if you finish in the bottom 3 then you deserve to be there and get relegated simple as that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday's Guardian Football Weekly podcast is well worth a listen.

Glendenning kicks it off by wondering if BFS has the incentive for the fight, now that his endgame is no longer the England job.
Also pointing out for every defeat BFS blames everyone but himself.
Finishing off with 'I wonder if palace have the BFS they thought they were getting'.

One of the other contributors then chimes in speculating that the palace team isn't a BFS team.
In principle it should be, but his basic point was they, to a man, don't work hard enough.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Just had a cheeky score on Palarse to win tonight @3/1.

If they win it softens the blow ....... If they lose then money well spent :thumbsup:

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
It's about time these "pundits" told it how it is rather than coming out with the normal cliches and being worried about upsetting a few mates they may have at whatever club they are talking about.

Palace may have some good individual players but they are not performing as a team. They've been awful for over a year now, it's not like this is some temporary poor run of form while some new players bed in. There is no such thing as too good to go down, if you finish in the bottom 3 then you deserve to be there and get relegated simple as that.

Newcastle were too good to go down last year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here