Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Bananarama tonight at the Brighon Centre

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Enjoyed their performance in Coasters back in the day, not my cup of tea nowadays but positive that many enjoyed the Centre concert. To create a good impression on their own 35 years later and not part of an 80s regurgitation package speaks volumes.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Agree - went last night with the wife - my expectations were fairly low, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. I was slightly concerned that it would be a bit of a rip-off, but the show was very professional. Standard of singing from the girls was miles better than I remember, and the band was really good. Nice little craft beer stall in the lobby selling decent IPA, too.

I too was expecting something a bit shambolic but they were very polished despite the ad-libs and jokes between them. I was very surprised too how good their singing was. Siobhan did the high notes perfectly on Robert De Niro's Waiting and I only ever remember Siobhan's singing in isolation when she was in Shakespeare's Sister. Her voice in the original Stay With Me was so bad that the Mary Whitehouse Experience ripped it apart. I wonder if she deliberately dropped it a few notches to contrast Marcel Detroit's voice.

Skip to 36 seconds...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUgmKezH550

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here